You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Degannwy-Low traffic meeting room  (Read 1382 times)

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
Degannwy-Low traffic meeting room
« on: May 26, 2020, 11:54:55 AM »
Degannwy really needs a private room so you can have a discreet discussion without people walking through to go to bed or downstairs. Is this a possibility? Maybe a basement with one room like the Lady?
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Errdil

• Undead Slayer
Re: Degannwy-Low traffic meeting room
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 12:16:24 PM »
Yes, please. Ever since it started seeing more activity lately, all the politics and quiet conversations gets interrupted by people logging in and out in the rooms.

gotesu

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »
+1

Ghailer

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 02:24:42 PM »
I love to talk about politics when someone walks in and starts tailoring next to you...
I would love such a meeting room.

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 03:51:06 PM »
+1, I'm not part of the Degannwy crowd but I'm all about supporting alternative hubs and player initiatives.

pretty

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 04:50:01 PM »
Denggawy could use more rooms for various role play. Adding a meeting hall for the community I feel as neccesary minimum.

Cheers

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 05:32:35 PM »
I am more for expanding Sithicus than Degannwy. Har-Thelen looks great, but it is barren of amenities and interior areas.

Giving Elves the ability to take the ferry without the Metroidvania-like progression and fleshing out the domain would serve more good than expanding Degannwy - which is already respectable in size.

The meeting room upstairs in Nant Gaerwyn should be enough and easily secured against spooks.

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 06:29:38 PM »

The meeting room upstairs in Nant Gaerwyn should be enough and easily secured against spooks.

We all agree, it should be, but it's not. People log in there, people craft there, and I am aware of no Elf player with the authority to ban people from upstairs.

Hence the request and the support of people actively involved in Degannwy rp. I am sure if higher level Elf players feel as you do someone will make it a suggestion rather than trying to redirect an ask for lower levels. I certainly see the merit in your suggestion.
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 06:46:34 PM »

We all agree, it should be, but it's not. People log in there, people craft there, and I am aware of no Elf player with the authority to ban people from upstairs.

Crafting people shouldn't stop you from having meetings.

Hence the request and the support of people actively involved in Degannwy rp. I am sure if higher level Elf players feel as you do someone will make it a suggestion rather than trying to redirect an ask for lower levels. I certainly see the merit in your suggestion.

I "redirect" the ask because I think it is unnecessary to the current climate (which is what feedback on the forums is meant for, a discussion of validity between all members of the community), as opposed to something that is not necessarily high-level restricted and can provide a wider avenue of roleplay for elven characters. I am not asking you to agree, I am making a suggestion for consideration.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »
Deganwe could use a bit of love, imo.

As for Sithicus getting amenities, I disagree with it, solely based on they aren't supposed to like outsiders, if I've been told correctly, but that's a topic for a different thread.

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 07:57:19 PM »
Fair enough Pav.

I'll have to disagree about a crafting station not being disruptive. I cannot imagine how a group of people can have a private conversation with someone crafting beside them.

The Dev team may feel the activity at Degannwy does not merit a capacity for group secrecy on site, and that's fair. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 08:11:58 PM »
Deganwe could use a bit of love, imo.

As for Sithicus getting amenities, I disagree with it, solely based on they aren't supposed to like outsiders, if I've been told correctly, but that's a topic for a different thread.

It wouldn't be for outsiders. It would be for Sithicans.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 12:33:16 AM »
The chatbox really does get spammed by the crafting there if someone's using it, and those rooms you can rest in don't even block line of sight when the doors are closed. That's a bug that needs fixing though.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 01:44:45 PM »
+1 to OP.

At the very *least*, the tailoring table could be moved down next to Gwerydd, to somewhat reduce the problem. That's a super-easy semi-fix without having to change the map.

As the bedrooms are not typically used for RP (ahem ahem ahem), the last one, across from the storeroom/kitchen, could be expanded out by 1 tile in two directions to have a conference table. Actually, to secure against OOC spying (reasonably, through a door, you should only hear muffled sounds, but people might meta), that bedroom's door could be replaced with a transition to a meeting room.

Then, what's currently the conference area could have some placeables moved around to make a nice common dining/resting area. A nice hearth, a couple three person tables, a four seat table. A kitchen elf selling elven cuisine would be cool, too!

pedrolenzi

• New to the Mists
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
I agree. I saw how dvargehelm changed and my instinct is to wish for some love to degannwy.

Even the drain have rentable rooms now. Maybe considering it all, a minor or major change could bring more people there to rp.

And i have had alot of people walk in meetings or appearing on a room and being worried to move out and disturb us too.

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 02:08:23 PM »
Yes, it's incredibly difficult to have a private conversation. And we're always jumpy when the NPC elves bump the doors and open them, too. Maybe the ones inside should stay stationed *beside* doors, guarding them, instead of moving around so much?

Yesper

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 02:26:51 PM »
I am inclined to agree. I will, however, say that there isn't much room for growth in Degannwy without some major changes to the map. It's tiny compared to Dvergheim and it's not likely that the elves of Degannwy are interested into digging into the rocks to justify easy expansion that way.

AgentGibbs

• Outlander
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »
The conversion of the last room would work for very private conversations, but as the current leader of the player faction that operates out of Degannwy, there just is not a safe place to hold a meeting of any importance with more than a few people. This greatly hinders our ability to rp secret meetings or discussions about things that could effect the elves that try to protect Degannwy, and call the settlement home. I honestly can't think of an easy way to fix this, as the only way I see making it actually possible would be to expand or create a whole new area within the Nant.

Moving the tailoring table downstairs, next to Gwerydd would alleviate half of the issue, the other half being the people that rest there. I don't see a feasible way around this one without either the meeting hall or the rooms being relocated / added to a different transition. 

And another issues with using the actual rooms have already been mentioned where the doors do not block communication in or out of them, and the npcs frequently barge into the rooms. So the idea of using them as a deterrent to keep the conversation private isnt possible since the doors are randomly opened by them.

Yesper

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 03:04:40 PM »
The NPCs are just spreading the word of our Lord and Saviour Corellon Larethian. No harm done, right?

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 05:49:58 PM »
I'll be making changes to Degannwy in the near future, so I'll have a look at introducing some more privacy to the upstairs in some fashion or other.

Isilnath

• New to the Mists
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »
+1 It would be lovely to see Degannwy grow, as we have at least one group now that rp there every day.

I was also thinking of asking, if an herbalist cauldron or alchemy table would be possible to place there. A tent with both of those stations like in MC would be nice. I know that it can't be too easy to do the crafting and queues for the cauldron are an opportunity for rp... but as the Degannwy's population is growing bigger and bigger, it could be a good idea to make the place more self-sufficient as it's supposed to be IC. I guess the community has many other ideas, the question is what is possible to be done there ;)

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 02:42:03 AM »
I'll be making changes to Degannwy in the near future, so I'll have a look at introducing some more privacy to the upstairs in some fashion or other.

Thank You!
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 08:22:31 AM »
You could possibly just move the crafting stuff maybe outside under a roofed area off to the side?