You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A tool for guard players to stop hostility due to OCR  (Read 690 times)

Lexica

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
A tool for guard players to stop hostility due to OCR
« on: May 12, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »
From experience, the set as faction friend tool doesn't do anything to stop NPC guards from reacting to a player's OCR, which can make it very difficult to do things like arrest a player with high OCR, as all the NPCs will attack and try to kill them, even if the player with high OCR is shackled and being guarded by PC guards. Some kind of tool to temporarily lower a player's OCR or similar would be very helpful for these situations, and lead to smoother roleplay.
Michelle Anciaux

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
Re: A tool for guard players to stop hostility due to OCR
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 07:53:04 PM »
I have not been a guard character, so I have no idea how it works. Do faction NPCs attack friendly people with high OCR? A possible work around for present could be to invite arrested person to the faction, for purposes of transport.

mooner

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
Re: A tool for guard players to stop hostility due to OCR
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 02:07:11 AM »
i can't say for sure (having arrested those freaks and iadul-spawn who were mostly lucky enough to have acceptable OCR) but the guards do seem to be very temperamental around outcast races.

ideally i suppose the garda would just not bother arresting caliban and the like, but there are rp situations where it's necessary - alongside the OOC considerations of furthering roleplay.

I have not been a guard character, so I have no idea how it works. Do faction NPCs attack friendly people with high OCR? A possible work around for present could be to invite arrested person to the faction, for purposes of transport.

the issue with this is that (unless i'm mistaken) most players can't invite others to the faction, though they can flag people as faction friends. it's unfortunately not much of a workaround if you need an officer present to do it