Author Topic: Where to obtain fish & Crab suggestions  (Read 521 times)

ObsidianOrb

Where to obtain fish & Crab suggestions
« on: May 10, 2020, 05:31:45 AM »
OK, this might seem like an odd question, and very specific, and perhaps it is, however I have a character from Rokushima Taiyoo, and while I'm not Japanese, I am making the assumption that my character's pallet is thoroughly incompatible with the local food stuffs, so I am trying my hardest to follow the hunger prompts, and eat, but I am having a hard time finding those 'almost freshly caught fish', do I have to exclusively buy them from a merchant, or can I obtain them somehow? I have noticed a fishing rod, but it appears to be decorative only.

Also two things about crabs, first of all they run SUPER fast, which looks silly, to me they should be slow but have ferocious claw attacks, and more AC, because they look huge, are they supposed to be larger than real life counterparts?

Also it would be really awesome, if crabs dropped meat that wasn't basically a piece of venison, that when cooked on a campfire, gets turned into canned food rations? It doesn't need to be stack able, but can we have some cooked crab meat?

slash

• Dark Lord
Re: Where to obtain fish & Crab suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:07:41 AM »
Unfortunately, there is no way to fish for food items in the game at the moment, to my knowledge. However, you may find that the Rokuman palette is not so incompatible with a traditional setting. It wasn't uncommon in Japan to hunt and consume all forms of game including deer. Maybe this is translated into the Ravenloft parallel.
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:13:36 AM »
Can also have him eat a lot of rice with cuts of beef or pork.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 10:14:00 AM »
There are fish dishes sold in most taverns, and even just "this is a fish that was recently caught" items, sold by at least one "fisherman" NPC.

Crab is a novelty food I would expect to find in Dementlieu.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »
There's a shop in Dementlieu that sells a whole lot of fish and crab, and other sea related products.