Author Topic: Aquatic Remnants not refilling air  (Read 686 times)

Stormy

Aquatic Remnants not refilling air
« on: April 30, 2020, 03:37:49 PM »
This bug is in the Flooded Tunnels area of the Haunted Zeklos Keep

It happened when myself and one other player, through a very bad series of decisions, ended up in the flooded tunnels without waterbreathing.

what happened exactly is that when we went down with water breathing, we were able to talk to the Aquatic Remnants and get our air back. Since we had waterbreathing, I assumed that this was a feature in case you wound up down there without knowing about the water. When we later made the immensely poor decision to go back in without waterbreathing, we were unable to speak with the Remnants.

To recreate the bug, I believe you just have to try to talk to an npc underwater. Though I'm not certain.

A very simple thing we realized is that in the NWN engine, it is likely that you can't interact with NPCs while underwater without the water breathing spell. This defeats the purpose of having the NPCs there. 

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Aquatic Remnants not refilling air
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »
I seem to recall from a DM event that PCs could not talk to one another while underwater.

Perhaps waterbreathing allows this to be circumvented, but because of the way sound works we couldn't talk otherwise except by gestures, etc.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 08:21:19 PM »
I'll fix this.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 01:37:48 PM »
This should now be fixed. Can someone confirm?

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 12:16:07 PM »
I just tested this and I was unable to speak to the first aquatic remnant from the haunted keep basement side of the underwater tunnels.

I did not have water breathing upon entering so that may have been part of the issue.  Not sure exactly how it is intended to work but the ghost would not even respond to my attempts to speak to it.