Author Topic: Heedless Charge  (Read 529 times)

Ken14

• Undead Master
Heedless Charge
« on: April 28, 2020, 10:10:31 PM »
So, I came across this interesting feat in Complete Warrior called 'Shock Trooper'. Now, the entire thing couldn't be implented, but one of it's sub-feats could work, with some revision:

Original text : Heedless Charge: To use this maneuver, you must charge and make the attack at the end of the charge using your Power Attack feat. The penalty you take on your attack roll must be -5 or worse. In addition to normal charge modifiers (which give you a -2 penalty to AC and a +2 bonus on the attack roll), you can assign any portion of the attack roll penalty from Power Attack to your Armor Class instead, up to a maximum equal to your base attack bonus.

I think it'd be neat to have a way to have Power Attack give a penalty to AC instead of attack, for those berserker type characters.

Requirements: Power Attack, Base Attack Bonus 6+ (basically the same as Shock Trooper, though maybe a higher BAB requirement might be needed?)

So, I can see this working in two ways:

One: When you activate power attack, you gain a +5 buff to Attack, and a -5 debuff to AC. Easy enough, if such -can- be coded. I know modes are hardcoded, so they can't be changed, but can they be added to?

Two: An ability you can activate to gain +5 Attack, but lose 5 AC. Probably easiest to code, but how long would it last? A turn? 5 rounds, but you have multiple uses? Unlimited uses? Dunno what could be fair for that. And of course, heedless charge is meant to be used while power attacking...

Anyway, thoughts?

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
Re: Heedless Charge
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:56:13 AM »
Seems very, very powerful in my view. Maybe  exclusively a pure class fighter option.