Author Topic: Bounty Refreshing  (Read 715 times)

Kilivin

• New to the Mists
Bounty Refreshing
« on: April 27, 2020, 10:00:42 AM »
So, I'm unsure whether or not this is an intended change but the bounty board refills extremely fast now by comparison to what I've seen since joining in February. One person can go from bandit camp to bandit camp and get all the WANTED: Bandit heads fairly quickly. Furthermore, whenever these caves which used to have varying spawns of Ogres, Spiders, etc inside them go to respawn...they ALWAYS respawn as bandits.

I'm not sure if this is an intentional change for those caves, but if it isn't then they have respawned as bandits without fail for the past 2 or 3 days now. The respawn rate, too, seems suspicious as it's only 6-12 hours IG meaning someone can get 4-5 bounties an hour for 500gp each. If this is intended, then I'm obviously not complaining for faster renewed bounties, it just seemed odd since these caves used to have varying spawns in them like most locales do.
Let not one's failures lead to dismay, but rally oneself to further their want & need to improve.

Glass Cannon

• Dark Power
  • Friendly Merchant
Re: Bounty Refreshing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 10:01:32 AM »
Might the bounty levels have something to do with the player numbers?
"Aristocrats and criminals have a lot in common. They’re both selfish, get bored easily, and have access to wads of cash they didn’t have to work honestly to get. The topper? Neither have any interest in bourgeois rules or morality."

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:12:57 AM »
I've not paid enough attention to document it, but the bandit bounties have always seemed seasonal to me.

When I played Suspiria and used them for Voracious, they seemed...feast or famine  :twisted:

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
Not sure if its seasonal or deliberate, but I also noticed a hug uptick in bounties in Barovia. It used to be that I would see maybe 1 bounty a week. Now there are 4-5 bounties every time I check the notice board.

Honestly I am fine with this, it would just be nice to see some more varied/tougher bounties on there.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »
When the caravan master was unavailable for one day and most people were stuck in Barovia, Port had something like seven or eight bounties active and every single thug in the streets was a maxed out gang leader waiting right outside the door of every other useful building. Some of the bounties were running around during daytime killing dock workers. It seemed like this was happening every time I came into the city for crafting purposes, back when Port-au-Lucine had just one or two active players.

All it took was 24 to 48 hours for this to occur. Whoever went and did the rounds hit the jackpot.

It's probably a few things, between random chance, and perhaps less players collecting bounties as soon as they spawn. Wouldn't read into it too much or expect something big has changed; after all, every different type of enemy group has an equal chance of spawning, and just as that may not include even one bandit bounty in one month, it might also be just bandits for a whole month.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.