Author Topic: Muse - toggle mode  (Read 2599 times)

Water Lily

Re: Muse - toggle mode
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 04:04:01 PM »
I don't recall it raising your perform. It gives your bard song +2 levels if you're near another muse when you sing and it gives crafters a +2 to their dc when crafting. I think toggling it doesn't make any sense from an ic perspective. It's innate, you can't choose who you inspire. You can rp it in different ways, but you can't choose who gets it and who doesn't. From what I've seen, you can't really tell unless it's in someone's description, they tell you icly/oocly, you see the crafting dc when crafting, or you notice it when singing

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 04:12:08 PM »
https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Muse

Quote from: Muse feat, as of the time of this post
Muse

Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Cha 14+, can only take this feat at first level.
Specifics: The character possesses the rare sort of beauty or spirit that feeds the divine flame of creativity. His very presence inspires passion and stirs others to works of creative genius. All allies within 30 feet of the character who can see him (excluding himself) receive a +2 bonus to their Perform and crafting rolls and are considered two levels higher for the purpose of magical song effects.
Use: Automatic.

For reference, it does upgrade the Bard Song by 2 levels, but it also grants +2 Perform.

I'm personally indifferent as to how it functions, but the feat description says the Muse must be perceived and nonhostile.

edit: So if you're in another room/out of line of sight, they should only be able to perceive you if they broke the Listen DC to detect you in that other room. If you're invisible or hidden, it should be a complete no go, and the very possibility someone might use a Muse's aura against them while stealthing to detect them is IMO reason enough to patch that out if it's bugged and not working properly at the moment. We would definitely fix the stealth transition bug if we could, too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:14:50 PM by SardineTheAncestor »
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »
Looks like an oversight that it works if they aren't heard or seen. It's set up that way for crafting but not for Bard Songs/Mora domain powers. I'll tweak it so the Muse has to be seen or heard for the effect to work and so it only works on allies as per the feat's description.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:13:40 AM by EO »

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2020, 11:44:08 AM »
I think the bug fix is a win for everyone. Thanks for doing this, EO.

Ultimately, control over who one inspires can still be "toggled" with the hostile tag when its bonuses and the denial of such are relevant.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 11:54:37 AM »
The bugs with Muse have been fixed. Bonuses now only apply if the person can see/hear the Muse.

Leezil

• Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 02:07:49 PM »
Awesome, thank you so much!
Sasha Sorokina: Devoted to the Morninglord
Portrait - link