Author Topic: Are You There, Lolth? It's Me, Rauva.  (Read 782 times)

Rubi

• Undead Slayer
Are You There, Lolth? It's Me, Rauva.
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »

Poorly aged hinges creak and crescendo- the sound of a heavy iron door opening and slamming shut. The consecutive click of leather-bound heels against bare stone. One after the other. A swishing of silk. A soft breath - the signature sigh of the self-important.

“O Siltrin Khazid'hea; vel'uss lodtynus l'tresk'r
Vel'uss morfel udossa dal l'olathurl khaul
Usstan satiir elakar tahcaluss
Elliya Lolthu…

Test me, Dark Mother. Test me.”

A gentle exhale. Another sigh

"Between you and me, my Goddess, if I were a more presumptuous and far less devoted follower I might ask of you a different test. Is it my willpower you doubt- casting me to this world of rivvil and darthiir and other colnbluth? I will cast my web wide and strong and they shall all find themselves trapped within it before they even suspect that I am the hunter. Is it my strength? I will break this World Above apart with my resolve. Do you doubt my devotion? Living hearts shall be yours, O Carver, and their pained cries will be all the sweeter for the love they thought they held for me.

But- and this is just my humble opinion, Dark Mother, a few more dhaerow would not go unappreciated. I will do all I can, great Lolth, but I can only have so many Rilyn’ae children.

I remain your eternal servant, O Carver of Worlds. This one will be yours in time.”

Rubi

• Undead Slayer
Re: Are You There, Lolth? It's Me, Rauva.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »

A slamming of a heavy iron door, a scream of metal protesting in its frame. The jingle of chains and a pained groan.

"Elliya Lolthu...glit'rur d'siltrin ussta khel, ussta quortek ph'dossta."

The drow continues in her native tongue, whispering prayers rapidly as she shifts positions, agitating a bullet wound.

“Each time I am tested, O Carver of Worlds, I find myself surprised at your rewards! I should not be, truly. After all this time...but my loyalty to you is undying.”

A weak cough over a wry smile.

“As is my gratitude. You have delivered up the iblith rivvil. His heart is now yours. Look favorably upon your servant as she endures this next test.”

Wet blood upon her chin provides ample ink for the spidery shape she draws over her stomach. Her own laughter echoes back to her ears, mocking and empty and cold.

Rubi

• Undead Slayer
Re: Are You There, Lolth? It's Me, Rauva.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 08:22:44 PM »

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

Flickering lids, flashes of red moons set in a black sea.

"Niar."

No other voices anymore. Only flickering shadows. Not even hers.

"Water."

Nothing. It was worth a try. Dry, cracked lips part and show teeth.

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:32:51 AM by DaniKay »