Author Topic: Unable to connect to server  (Read 828 times)

PeleLeekpai

• Outlander
Unable to connect to server
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:14:21 PM »
Hello, I'm having trouble connecting to the server from my laptop. I was able to update and connect easily while on my desktop at home, but now I am on the move. I have not updated to the latest server update, but it won't let me.

This is the message I get when trying to connect.
Spoiler: show
Attempting to find server.
Direct connect and UDP hole punch failed.
Requesting relay token.
Got token, attempting over relay
Server found. Attempting to log in.

It allows me to go to the NWSync Downloader, but after that, it shows me this, without any progression in downloading.
Spoiler: show
FAILED
Http Error: Failed to connect to anphillia.pw port 80: Timed out

I do have a mighty concern though, and that is the fact that Arelith does the same thing, so its something wrong with my neverwinter or my connection, not just something wrong with my Ravenloft.

I was trying it on a wireless connection, and just for a test, I tried it on a wired connection, but the same thing occurred. Interestingly, I could connect to Amia with no problems, and it even came up with the NWSync Downloader, for me to update. I could also connect to Nordock, with no problems.

Just for your information, I did for a Validation on my files through steam.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

EDIT:
I actually tried to reinstall ,but still no go.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 04:06:18 AM by PeleLeekpai »

mappinger

• Undead Slayer
Re: Unable to connect to server
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 02:04:10 PM »
Any chance this is your anti-virus software? Some of the language you posted looks like what I encountered.

I posted several weeks back that my new rig had problems downloading the game files (it would start to download and inevitably quit), and I had no trouble downloading it on the previous computer, which had the same anti-virus program (Norton).

When I *uninstalled my anti-virus program (simply turning off the firewall did not resolve the problem!), I was able to proceed with the download and everything has been normal since. I have no idea if anti-virus software allows downloads to some PW servers (such as Amia) but sometimes creates problems others (like Arelith/PotM).

Thought that I would at least throw this out there, if it happens to be your issue.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 03:42:05 PM by mappinger »