Author Topic: Detailed list of changes - Hak update 2_23  (Read 4787 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Detailed list of changes - Hak update 2_23
« on: March 29, 2020, 02:25:00 PM »
Here is a list of the main changes to come with the new hak update; these are mostly fixes and minor adjustments. We will soon be setting up the test server with the new haks:

Spell Changes:
-Added Disguise Self and Minor Disguise spells.
-Reduced the range of Grease and altered its duration slightly (2 rounds + 1 round/2 levels)
-Updated Alarm's description to clarify it doesn't work on creatures smaller than Tiny nor on ethereal creatures.

Skill Changes:
-Slightly toned down the Lore and UMD requirements for items.

Class Changes & Fixes:
-Enabled full spellbooks for Assassins, Blackguards and Monster Hunters instead of feat-based spellbooks.
-Added the Wrathful Curse feat for Curse domain clerics as a visual representation of the domain.
-Fixed an issue with the number of "bonus" feats given to Hallowed Witches to compensate for their Witchcraft abilities.

Miscellaneous Changes:
-Removed the message "You cannot rest while there are enemies nearby"
-Removed True Seeing from the Summoned Helm Horror (Mordenkein's)
-Fixed the Rocking Chair sitting animation
-Fixed various minor door, placeable and creature appearance bugs from CEP
-Fixed clipping issues with the religious flag placeables added in the last hak update, fixed various minor issues with the flag and amulet items last hak update
-Added a Hala flag placeable as well as "amulet" items for Halans and the Wayfarer Kinship
-Updated the appearance of the following familiars and companions: Owl, Raven, Worg, House Cat, Midnight Cat, Silver Fox, Panther and Wolf to use newer models.
-Updated the appearance of dozens of polymorph, shapechange, lycanthrope and wild shape shapes
-Added dozens of new creature models
-Added crafting support to the new flags/holy items
-Added new heads to various racial types: half-orc female (25, 154, 155, 156), half-orc male (37, 154 to 159), gnome female (21, 152 to 155), gnome male (152 to 161), human female (77 to 85), human male (209 to 218), elf female (44), elf male (45). Also added head and neck 249 to all races, which are skeleton heads/necks.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:58:42 PM by EO »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Detailed list of changes - Hak update 2_23
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 02:26:30 PM »
What you can help testing:

-Spellbooks for Assassins, Monster Hunters and Blackguards; make sure they work, that spells work, etc. No wonky things.
-Appearance of familiars and companions that were updated (Owl, Raven, Worg, House Cat, Midnight Cat, Silver Fox, Panther and Wolf)
-Appearance of most wild shapes and polymorph shapes
-New heads: halfling female (157), elf female (175), human female (77, 78, 79), human male (209), dwarf male (154), half-orc female (154, 155, 156), half-orc male (154 to 159), gnome female (152 to 155), gnome male (152 to 161).
-Changes to Grease
-Curse domain clerics should properly receive the Curse Domain Powers feat
-Hallowed Witch's number of bonus feats

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 03:13:09 PM »
By adding crafting support to flag/holy items, do you mean they can be created from raw materials, or just have their appearance modified in the rest/crafting menu?
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 03:16:01 PM »
By adding crafting support to flag/holy items, do you mean they can be created from raw materials, or just have their appearance modified in the rest/crafting menu?

The latter.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »
I've installed the files from the announcement, but it's telling me I'm missing the custom talk table. ravenloft_2_23.tlk is in the Documents\NWN\tlk folder along with all of the CEP .tlk files. Did I miss a third download?

edit: fixed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:48:21 PM by SardineTheAncestor »
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »
Animal companions update:

Yonin the panther is very handsome this update, but something is wrong with his jaw.

----------------------------

Wolf looks okay. His animations are a bit odd though (look at his fore legs).

https://gfycat.com/QualifiedImpureAphid

----------------------------

Cosmin the Raven seems to have gotten a facelift.

-----------------------------

The new owl is more adorable than I would have expected from an evil gothic horror owl.
However, he might be RPing having eaten an orphan recently, I didn't ask.

The new worg looks a lot different. Its tail resembles that of some kind of displacer beast. Most importantly, it's clear that this thing is in fact a monster and not a normal animal. His hind legs are animated a little strangely (floating off of the ground with his breathing pattern) but it's not as noticeable as the wolf. Something seems to be wrong with the way he turns his head to face you when you're beside him.

This is him looking straight ahead when I'm right in front of him. He seems to have confidence issues.

The new House Cat, whose eyes stare into your soul.

The new Midnight Cat, who is much the same.

The new Silver Fox. He's doing the same thing as the worg, looking at the ground when I am in front of him and tilting his head when I am beside him. It must be a problem with that particular skeleton since he is using the same animations (or it would appear to be so; he doesn't have the floaty paws problem like the others do).

Wild Shape, Cougar: It looks a lot smaller than I remember. It doesn't do the jaw thing that the panther does, which is nice.

Wild Shape, Deer: No strange glitches noticed. I'm guessing if your druid is a woman, they now become a doe, and if your druid is a man, they become a stag.

Wild Shape, Tiger: This is the dire form of the tiger. I don't know what the non-dire form looks like. It seems right, but one of its hind legs seems really long ingame and the animations are a bit slow.

Wild Shape, Arctic Fox: It does the tilting head thing but it does work.

Unchanged: (I checked all the below on a druid with dire forms, unaware if they have separate non-dire forms)
Wild Shape, Winter Wolf
Wild Shape, White Tiger (looks the same as the tiger pictured above)
Wild Shape, Polar Bear
Wild Shape, Jackal -- pretty sure this isn't new: https://i.imgur.com/TGgLYyN.png
Wild Shape, Hyena -- I am not certain if this is new or not: https://i.imgur.com/vqJEDiJ.png

I wasn't able to check Manticore or Gargoyle.

That's all of the companion updates I think.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 11:36:24 PM by SardineTheAncestor »

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 09:00:02 PM »
New heads:

Human female heads 77, 78, and 79 are sharing appearances with 52, 53, and 54. That is to say, the new heads are not working.

Elf female head 175 cannot be selected in the new character room. I can only choose 174 or 179. Manually selecting the head, I get this head, which appears to be the same as head 100:

Orc male heads also cannot be selected. Another user reported this already. They can be manually chosen and they do look new. Here are the appearances...

154:

155:

156:

157:

158:

159:

Dwarf male heads:

154 cannot be selected from the new character room. You can only choose 153 or 192. 192 definitely looks broken, pictured below:

If you manually select head 154, you just get the appearance of head 198, as with the new human female heads.

Human male heads:

209 is sharing an appearance with head 65.

Half Orc female heads:

I can't select the new heads in the new character mirror. It stops at 153.

154 warns me that it's illegal and resets me to the first head.

155 looks like this:

156 looks like this:

Gnome male heads:

152-161 all seem to be working and valid choices on the new character head mirror!

152:

153:

154:

155:

156: (Corki from League of Legends)

157:

158:

159:

160:

161:

Halfling female heads:

Head 157 cannot be selected on the new character mirror, but it does appear to be new it's a duplicate of head 100.

Gnome female heads:

152-155 can't be selected on the new character mirror, but can be set manually.

152:

153:

154:

155:

I think that's all of the heads for this update.

New wildshapes:

Dire jaguar is the same model.

(I was going to take more pictures of the new stuff, but the server crashed)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:56:57 PM by SardineTheAncestor »

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 09:56:11 PM »
Grease changes:

The combat log is reporting two save attempts every time. It's a bit spammy but doesn't appear to be causing trouble.

---------------------------------------

Hallowed Witch changes:

A level 10 character taking their 11th level as a Hallowed Witch will receive a feat. Hopefully another Hallowed Witch player from our long roster can chime in.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 01:25:56 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately it turns out quite a few of those heads were duplicates; I've updated the original topic with the ones that we'll keep (gnomes and half-orcs).

As for creature appearances, will see if we can fix them but most are minor so I doubt they'll be changed.

I'll update the module tomorrow to add support for the new heads (the non-duplicate ones).

Edit: My guess regarding Grease is that you see duplicate messages because you're the creator of the AoE, that's a NwN thing, so can't do much about it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:37:56 AM by EO »

Onkel Bob

• Developers
  • Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 09:05:27 AM »
Polymorphing into an owl specifically made my character disattach from the camera and turn invisible, the bug persists then cancelling the transformation. Fixed with a relog.

Spoiler: show

Also, Blackguards get access to cleric domains which I don't believe is intentional.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:10 AM »
Polymorphing into an owl specifically made my character disattach from the camera and turn invisible, the bug persists then cancelling the transformation. Fixed with a relog.

Also, Blackguards get access to cleric domains which I don't believe is intentional.

Thanks for those reports. I've tried to replicate the Owl thing but can't. Can you try again?

I'll fix the blackguards issue.

Onkel Bob

• Developers
  • Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
Thanks for those reports. I've tried to replicate the Owl thing but can't. Can you try again?

I'll fix the blackguards issue.

It happens every time I try to cast Polymorph - Owl. I've tried it with two different characters and once using a scroll with a third character with the same results. I have control over my character even when the camera is locked in place, so I tried walking through a transition which put me into an endless loading screen. I quit the game through the task manager but got stuck in a loading screen again when I tried to log back into the same character, probably because the spell effect was still active.

I haven't tried casting the spell on someone else to see if it still happens. Speaking of which, Polymorph as a Major Witchcraft ability is self only as opposed to the single target of the normal spell. I don't know if that is intentional or not.

Regarding another matter in the new update, I believe this is what the new Halan symbol holdable item looks like to me:

Either it's bugged too, or there is something wrong with my install which could be why I am having the owl bug as well. Someone else should probably try to replicate the bug to make sure it isn't just me..

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 03:59:59 PM »
Have you unsubscribed from the POTM Steam workshop? I also suggest you try reinstalling the haks as well.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 07:34:40 PM »
Is there a particular reason why the duration of grease is being shortened?

I've never felt it was long enough to delay level appropriate creatures at any given level, so always cast it extended, so I'm curious.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:36:54 PM by zDark Shadowz »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »
Is there a particular reason why the duration of grease is being shortened?

I've never felt it was long enough to delay level appropriate creatures at any given level, so always cast it extended, so I'm curious.

Keep in mind Grease is a level 1 spell; it's already much more useful than the vast majority of level 1 spells. In NwN it's duration is 2 rounds + 1 round/3 levels; we had changed that to 1 round/level but that made it cap too soon, hence the new variation which is still longer than the NwN version.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 02:01:36 PM »
-Updated the list of new heads since we added quite a few more since the previous version and removed the duplicates.
-Updated the Wolf companion to a less janky model.
-Fixed spellcasting issues for PrCs, bug with Nimble Bones and other reported bugs.
-For now the panther's model is still slightly broken; may or may not be fixed with the next hak update since it's minor.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 08:16:22 PM »
-Updated the list of new heads since we added quite a few more since the previous version and removed the duplicates.
-Fixed spellcasting issues for PrCs, bug with Nimble Bones and other reported bugs.
-For now the panther's model is still slightly broken; may or may not be fixed with the next hak update since it's minor.

Cant seem to access the new heads, they appear all like this:

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »
Make sure you download the Hak files again Prime, that is what I had to do to see the heads. :)

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 04:44:15 AM »
Tested on a 5 Cleric, 5 Sorceror:

Hallowed Witch 1: 1 feat
Hallowed Witch 2: 2 feats
Hallowed Witch 3: 2 feats
Hallowed Witch 4: 0 feats
Hallowed Witch 5: 3 feats
Hallowed Witch 6: 2 feats
Hallowed Witch 7: 1 feat
Hallowed Witch 8: 3 feats
Hallowed Witch 9: 2 feats
Hallowed Witch 10: 1 feat

All of the witchcraft abilities worked and the X Witchcraft Ability feat lock functioned in that they did force me to choose them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 04:48:10 AM by SardineTheAncestor »

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 05:16:19 AM »
Revisited Wild Shape form updates:

Polar Bear

Winter Wolf (does the head tilting thing)

Jackal

Hyena

Wolf

I was going to test the Tiger form but I did not have enough feats remaining to choose Verdant Wild Shape. I didn't take a picture of the White Tiger because it looked the same as the one I took a picture of previously in this thread.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 09:24:24 AM »

If it's a choice between the default panther model, and a broken jawed panther model, why not just stick with the default?

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2020, 09:44:02 AM »
As one of the few panther druids, I'm okay with the old panther model too. I would like to see this one fixed, but the old panther is easily the best looking of all the old big cats since its texture hides its flaws.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 03:14:10 PM »
Updated the main post with the following three changes:

Chabxxu

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2020, 03:52:07 PM »
Updated the main post with the following three changes:

EO, you're a hero.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 05:59:46 PM »
Added the following two spells for the next hak update:

Minor Disguise
Spell Level: Bard 0
Innate Level: 0
School: Transmutation
Descriptor(s):
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Personal
Area of Effect / Target: Caster
Duration: 1 Hour
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: None
Spell Resistance: No

You use magic to make minor, cosmetic changes in your appearance, gaining a +2 skill bonus to Disguise.

Disguise Self
Spell Level: Assassin 1; Bard 1; Wizard / Sorcerer 1
Innate Level: 1
School: Illusion
Descriptor(s): Glamer
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Personal
Area of Effect / Target: Caster
Duration: 1 Hour + 1 Hour / Level
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: None
Spell Resistance: No

You make yourself - including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment - look different, gaining a +10 skill bonus to Disguise.