You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: NPCs that are Invisible and Hostile  (Read 1009 times)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
NPCs that are Invisible and Hostile
« on: March 28, 2020, 02:36:29 AM »
I logged into the Governor's hotel in Port a Lucine, and went outside. Immediately I noticed that the NPCs outside were a mixture of hostile and friendly, non of them reacting hostile when approached, and the hostile ones were invisible. I logged out and logged in, and it was back to normal. My OCR is not the culprit. I checked what would happen if i went into different areas and after the log out, it was fine.

Spoiler: show
 [imghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/438783311620341761/693346635530633236/unknown.png][/img]
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
Re: NPCs that are Invisible and Hostile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:24:17 PM »
I logged into the Governor's hotel in Port a Lucine, and went outside. Immediately I noticed that the NPCs outside were a mixture of hostile and friendly, non of them reacting hostile when approached, and the hostile ones were invisible. I logged out and logged in, and it was back to normal. My OCR is not the culprit. I checked what would happen if i went into different areas and after the log out, it was fine.

Spoiler: show
 [imghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/438783311620341761/693346635530633236/unknown.png][/img]

I’ve been having this problem a lot as well. Relogging always fixes it for me but I have to close all the way out of NWN each time.

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 12:39:17 PM »
I've noticed this is a symptom of lag and at the present moment, infrastructures are overwhelmed worldwide. Relogging or connecting with a VPN tends to fix it because it reestablishes the connection to the server. It happened very, very infrequently prior to the global issue we're currently experiencing and should resolve when things do.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 01:11:06 PM »
I've found relogging won't work all the time, I've found that luring the enemies through a transition and into another area tends to fix it almost every time.
"No, you." -Captain America

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
As unfortunate as it is, since it turns some encounters into a joke, the above is what has worked for me too. Always needed the enemy to come through -- if I ran through and then back in with the enemy, it didn't work. Multiple times tested. I hope whatever is causing this is cut at the root because it's affecting some parts of the server that are otherwise fun.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 12:30:34 PM »
I have been experiencing this problem almost continuously as of yesterday - both with normally friendly PCs and NPCs - becoming both invisible and hostile (which you press 'Tab' to see their name/status).

Right now Djordji, the MC Vistani trader is always unseen/'Hostile' when I log in, but soon turns 'Friendly' when viewed via 'Tab', but still remains invisible and impossible to interact with.

No amount of relogging seems to fix this issue for me at this time. -_-
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 01:12:14 PM »
I have been experiencing this problem almost continuously as of yesterday - both with normally friendly PCs and NPCs - becoming both invisible and hostile (which you press 'Tab' to see their name/status).

Right now Djordji, the MC Vistani trader is always unseen/'Hostile' when I log in, but soon turns 'Friendly' when viewed via 'Tab', but still remains invisible and impossible to interact with.

No amount of relogging seems to fix this issue for me at this time. -_-

+1

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 01:13:27 PM »
This seems to be a game issue so you should be reporting it to Beamdog with screenshots and details. There's nothing we can do on our end about it.