You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Constant Invisible Enemies in the Temple of the Harvest  (Read 1009 times)

Una

• New to the Mists
Constant Invisible Enemies in the Temple of the Harvest
« on: March 19, 2020, 10:24:22 PM »
The temple is really exceptionally bugged about this. Mummies are constantly ambushing me while invisible. I've tried all the fixes people have suggested, like opening and closing the doors before going in, but they still do it constantly. And since they have fear auras and disease and disarm, it's a constant terrible nuisance to do anything in there.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Re: Constant Invisible Enemies in the Temple of the Harvest
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 11:03:04 PM »
I've heard that one solution is to clean up all those scorpions that massively spam their way into the dungeon via triggers.

Related thread: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=53651.msg645402#msg645402
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 09:19:47 AM »
I've heard that one solution is to clean up all those scorpions that massively spam their way into the dungeon via triggers.

Related thread: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=53651.msg645402#msg645402

This part in particular

There are too many scorpions.  the sheer number of bodies means that after a while the mummies will become invisible because there are too many figures in the map.

Also, those scorpions are far too weak for their massive size.  You see them and expect them to be a challenge, but they are not.  Not even in their numbers. 

I recommend making half the number of scorpions and making them smaller.  Then add a few big ones like that but massively increase their difficulty.  These things are supposed to be deadly and heavily armored. The variety would be nice, the glitches in the area would be cut down drastically and it would make a 10' scorpion something to be feared, as it should be.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 09:35:50 AM »
I'll do something about this when I ship my next round of fixed and updates.