You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki - Western Outskirts - Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn  (Read 62569 times)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
Re: Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn - Western Outskirts - Gossip
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2009, 10:14:07 AM »
The kind, young, and gentle spirited halfling known as Hope is seen packing bags from first the Eternal Dawn charity house and later the Coming dawn temple after a lengthy hushed conversation with Mother Lizuca she is seen leaving the temple, as always in the past month or so with a cowled dark hood over her face, she is seen by a few heaing west where exactly her destination is no one, besides the clergy, know, but a letter given to Lizuca before her leaving would tell but a few of her destination

OOC: To rell and read by lizuca to Dongo brumbat

My friends where I go will hopefully not take me long. I shall return hopefully with in a few days to a week or so time. When I do I hope to have in my hands what I need to cure myself. I only pray to the morninglord that the path I have choosen is a selfish one.

Mother Hope Antermidt

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »
A gaunt man wearing dirty Morninglord robes is often seen in the temple, mumbling to himself and to others about an Angel he once witnessed in the catacombs below. Sometimes he joins people who venture into the Crypts, searching for the elusive Angel.

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde

ducky445544

• Outlander
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
Rumors spread of, yet again, Mother Lizuca fleeing cowardly after a demon attacked the temple, Horatiu going with her supposedly as well. More rumors  of a certain annoying little midget taking her place for a few hours fly around as well...

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »
Upon hearing the news of Lizuca's actions, Calor is heard to say:

"So once again, the priestess runs in the face of trouble.  Never put your trust in cowards or those who leave others behind to do their fighting and duty.  Coward".
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:10:26 AM by ThAnswr »
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:52 AM »
Upon hearing the murmers of the former light carrier calor, Hope was heard to mutter "Somtimes there are things you arent aware of Calor" from behind a cowled hood.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »
In a conversation with a friend over an ale, the elven cleric Calor is heard to say:

"So , my friend, you heard the halfling priestess say I don't know the full story of the head priestess's cowardice.  Indeed, there is always some excuse put forth by that group be it murder, cowardice, racism, hiring bounty hunters, or ......... (pause) ........ the betrayal of a friend and fellow worshiper. "    

The two friends were then seen laughing and raising a toast:  "To the Morninglords."  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 06:51:50 PM by ThAnswr »
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Insomnia

• Undead Master
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
Rumours spread like wildfire, of the destruction of the fallen Light Carrier Kane. The vampire was burned in the fire before the Lady's Rest, after a scene of carnage in the inn itself. Radu was knocked unconscious by enormous, twisted beasts. He is upstairs now, resting.

LadyDragn

« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2009, 08:55:39 PM »
Murmurs of curiousity and concern spread about the temple as the young red-headed light-carrier heavy with twins is seen storming out of the temple in the middle of the night with much distress

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »
Murmurs of curiousity and concern spread about the temple as the young red-headed light-carrier heavy with twins is seen storming out of the temple in the middle of the night with much distress

Following close behind is the rare sight of the young halfling Hope shield and mace drawn with a regal protective stance, most would notice her usual happy go lucky smile gone since her return from krezek many weeks ago

vlowe72

• Undead Master
  • If you bore me, I shall take my revenge.
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »
With only a brief word about "business in the Village."  Dawnspear Addams has left the outskirts and headed east with a small, well armored group.

Nothing has been seen or heard from him in several days.

And now ladies and gentlemen comes the time where I relieve you of the burden of your failed and useless lives.  But if you gotta go, go with a smile!

LadyDragn

« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »
Not a day or two later, the red-headed light carrier quickly gathers her things and is seen hurrying towards the village letting none stop her on the way. A look of fear and distress on her features

The Howling Stars

• Undead Master
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2009, 01:37:53 AM »
Last night several Outlanders sought sanctuary in the temple after being chased by two vroloks. One was described as a seductive gentleman, the other as a Dark Knight with red glowing eyes...

As the refuges cowarded within the protective walls of the temple, Howls of rage could be heard outside as the two fiends beat on the temples door and threw rocks at the Church's stained glass windows.
NCE 2014-15: Achilles Roan, Paladin of Torm.
NCE 2016: Roland Voss, Warden of Ezra

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2009, 10:49:36 AM »
The Temple is found in ruins, the scene of a butchers shop, the scatterd surviviors murmur of a figure clad in dark grimey armour, a menacing looking helm with thin slits as a visor from wich his heavy breathing rasped. He came for a Blind Woman known as Raywynn. The standbyers who tried to intervene with the masacre became part of the butchering themselves, numerous outlanders, including the Falkovian Witch to all's amazement turned into a Dragon, scraping the roof of the church with its head also fell to the dark knight. Horitau fell victim aswell as Liz after trying to halt the dark knight from leaving.

Deep set tracks led all the way to the lake, following it along from south to east even to the far reaches of the north, for those who dared follow them, would find that they lead to the batterd gates of Castle Ravenloft...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:52:19 AM by Mrjunkie »

• Dark Power
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2009, 10:56:57 AM »
It seen in the deep of the Night a Light Carrier Known as Chang is tracking the blood left by his dead Shifu Raywyn and the undead that killed her in the Morning Lord Sanctuary. Where they lead no one dares follows..........

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

LadyDragn

« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
The red-headed light carrier heavy with child is seen lifting what appears to be the body of her fallen husband. She is seen carefully bringing him to the back of the temple, cleaning the blood and grime from his motionless form, dry-eyed and silent. After carefully laying blanket over him, she rises with difficulty and murmurs with the other light carriers

"Make sure no one moves him or tampers with him. Our Dawnspear will awaken, the Morninglord is with him, with us."

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »
A bit of a scene occurred within the Sanctuary of the coming dawn.  Several gathered within to pass the night, and amongst them the Rokuma girl Yonemaru, that of late, had been selling wares to the people in the outskirts.  She became the target of harassment from a gnome and after others came to reprimand the offender, she slipped out the side door. From her body language throughout the incident, it was apparent that the whole affair had caused her no small emotional distress. Curiously, since this incident she has not been seen about the city of Vallaki any longer.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Nalain

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
A strange scene was witnessed by several adventures down the crypts. A some sort of big shadowy figure was briefly spotted deeper part of the crypt and in the upper floor, a crypt door was opening and closing by an unseen force. Not long after the area was covered in thick darkness and the people present were attacked by some sort of ethereal beings.

Aldarris

• Dark Lord
  • The Anti-Stalinist
« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »
Rumors spread like wildfire through the church and outskirts of the attempts of Eshe to cure an old man of his affliction.  The priestess of Isis cast a spell of monstrous regeneration upon the man after he was sobbing like a child and scremed "Why?".  The man wheezed and coughed as the spell took effect, and after a few minutes he shouted that he had been cured in sheer joy.  He jumped up from his seat and smiled at Eshe as he lowered his hood.

Speculation of what happened next varies greatly, but it is widely said that the man became hideous once more as the spell wore off.  It is said by all that his body shriveled up and once again became crippled, and that the blonde hair that briefly appeared became ghastly white and fell out.  The man fell to his knees, screaming in utter torment at the transformation, and when the kind priestess Eshe attempted to help him up he snapped at her, pulled his hood back up, and screamed for her to stay away from him.  The 'man' was last seen stumbling out of the church into the night.
Figures, Soren's too busy to do something positive.  He thinks putting a smiling face in every message is positivity.

Heretic is a terrible player, always has been.  No wonder PoTM numbers are dwindling *sigh*

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2010, 03:17:54 AM »
Over the course of one long night, a small pile of corpses appears in the apse of the sanctuary.  Each appears to have fallen to some common horror of Barovia:  vrolok fangs, wolf maulings, and even some mink bites.  Each is also missing its hands, which have been neatly and cleanly severed at the wrist.

Aliel

• New to the Mists
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2010, 08:08:31 AM »
In a recent night, a young, blond Tyrran lady could be heard directing loud, reproachful words towards two women who supposedly in accordance to her words were engaged in the act of fornication behind one of the large pillars on the holy ground. She could be heard addressing the renown prostitute Alana. Later on her company, a black haired, purple clad lady came from the back.

LadyDragn

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »
The light carrier Addams and Mother of the temple have a long discussion in regards to the courtesan conducting business within the temple. It is soon decided that the woman will be spoken with in regards to ceasing such behavior within the halls of Morninglord worship or be asked to leave. Further discussions brought up are talk of future marriage of the young Mother Lizuca, leaving Horatiu with a rather dour expression.

The Howling Stars

• Undead Master
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
Dawnbringer, Sergei Nicholaevich was arrested by the Vallaki Guard inside the sanctuary of the Church today. He was seen being escourted to the Citadel in shackles.
At the moment, that was the last that was seen or heard of the "Peasent Preacher".

The Howling Stars

• Undead Master
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2010, 12:24:48 AM »
After a week of incarceration in the Citadel Jails, Dawnbringer Sergei Nicholaevich returned to the Church starved, beaten and bloodied. He suffered numerous cuts, a swollen eye and a broken ankle. He remains silent regarding the hospitality he recieved from the Vallaki Guard.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »
A morbid scene was witnessed within the Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn.  People had gathered around watching a foreign woman dancing when all was interrupted by the appearance of a young woman dressed in black.
To this shock and dismay the woman unsheathed her katana and leaped at a one of the men with murderous intent. The man was brutally butchered to death before anyone could react. The Clergy of the temple were quick to restrain the woman, who had dropped her bloody weapon and was sobbing over the mans body. It was later revealed to have been the young woman's own husband that she murdered. No one knows exactly what could drive a woman to do such a thing. The aftermath of the scene was a display of remorse from the woman up until the arrival of the Vallaki Garda. Even Mother Lizuca herself was seen to have shared calming words to the distraught young woman.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

The Howling Stars

• Undead Master
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »
Several Knuckle Hunters and Outlander Do-Gooder types suffered a reversal of fortune today in the crypts beneath the temple. Word is a seductress vrolok-witch and her undead minions ambushed and defeated several wannabe hero's. Stealing there coin and leaving them for dead. A halfling was seen in the Lady's Rest crying into his drink over his lost gold.