You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki - Western Outskirts - Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn  (Read 62613 times)

Fergoose

• New to the Mists
Re: Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn - Western Outskirts - Gossip
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »
A man giving his name as Nostromo has been seen making enquiries with the clergy in the church. He enquires openly if there is any list of those buried within the cemetery and if he could see such records. The clergy were busy at the time dealing with the sick and politely stated that they had no time to deal with him. He is later seen scouting about in the cemetery paying close attention to the headstones. Parishoners only took note of him because of his unusual accent combined with his mild consternation at being unable to access any records at that time. It is unclear if he was being fobbed off or if no such records exist, but he stated it was his intention to return at a more convenient time.

((I don't know if there would be such records. If anyone could give me a heads up it would be greatly appreciated)).

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2008, 07:26:55 PM »
A letter if left for the person in question above. Signed with the signature of the Dawn the letter reads as follows.

My name is Drudoc Antermidt priestess of the morninglord and I greet you. If you would wish words with me seek me in either the charity house in two days time or if you prefer to journey to the elven camp Deganway to the south of Valiki.

Signed Drudoc Andtermidt

OOC: let me know what times good for you if i'm on as either Calson Adams or Florence Chisca Anica send me a tell and if i'm not busy i'll switch pcs.

kanedellesk

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2008, 01:43:17 AM »
At least two bodies have been found near the Morninglordian church. One was found between the Lady's Rest and the church, the other was found in the crypts, hidden in a coffin. Both bodies were missing their heads. On one of the bodies, an examination lead to the discovery that the head was taken off by something with a serrated edge. Something like a kitchen knife, serrated sword, or a saw. Church officials are unsure whether these events are related or are isolated coincidences.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2008, 01:55:33 AM »
A third was found in the Morninglord crypts and some overhead Yoshinaka the Lightcarrier talking about a headless undead that got up and fled after nearly being cut in half.

Some of those who searched for the missing head or clues felt unease from one of the many mysterious adventurers that routinuely travel the cyrpts

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 12:27:59 AM »
A young woman, known to be a waitress at the ladies rest was seen fleeing the crypts, naked and bleeding, screaming of evil cults, monsters and other such things. She was taken to the inn to recover by a fey and a hin.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2008, 08:07:56 PM »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2008, 03:42:18 AM »
A horribly mutilated corpse was found right outside the Morninglord church in the outskirts.
The bald head and ritual tattoing-scarification of his face makes him -barely- as Okaris Rage.

Upon closer examination, it was revealed to have, among others:

One wrist cut, tongue missing, broken fingers and toes, multiple slashes, both shoulders pierced through as if by a sharp bolt-like object, white fluids amongst his blood-probably poison. It also appears as if the the body imploded and then put back together again and is drained of all blood.

One of the locals who bring supplies to the temple and the inn seemed to comment: "Aye, I've seen that outlander die a hundred times and yet walk again. He is either one of them creatures of the night or cursed beyond redemption. The man of a hundred deaths har har"

Has been described as a sometimey player

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2008, 02:40:51 PM »
Sounds of footsteps, moanings and piercing screechings are heard rumbling deep under the Morninglord Church. Franatic screams of retreat followed after loud shrieks elevated themselves over the sound of clerical blessings and steel. As the Vallaki Guard and their allies fled out, the laughing continued.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2008, 12:41:53 PM »

The Morninglord Cultists witnessed a group of outlanders rushing into their temple late night claiming that a man, a witch, who had turned Radu and others to stone, was out and about being a menace.   Then the witch himself entered the temple, said "howdy, let me leave a little present" and then spewed forth a cloud of death, killing at least one man instantly before the Stoning Witch, as some are now calling him, fled.

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2008, 12:00:49 AM »
The widower Dragomir Katzinkaly files a request with the Temple to take a group of men up on the hill, exhume his wifes corpse, and stake it. Reasons cited were to prevent raising as the undead.

The temple denied his request, citing that all due precaution was taking in her burial, she was blessed, and she did not die of the vampires bite.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:18:06 AM by Kung Fu Orc »

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2008, 12:54:38 PM »
Rumor has it that, upon hearing the news, Calor is heard to say  ................" another mistake is made."

It was reported he walked away shaking his head.     
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2008, 02:54:55 PM »
Cloaked in shadows, and disguised a figure dressed in grey and black grab was briefly seen by the grave tenders one night before vanishing under the cloak of witchcraft. Or so they said. Heard as the figure left muffled and disguised. "...You cultists are all fools, you claim to fight undead yet you wont even take precautions to stop there rise, idiots"

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2008, 04:13:45 PM »
Rumor later spreads that Lizuca did allow the exhumation, and blessed the stake which Dragomir personally used to drive through his late wifes heart. The coffin was then reblessed and reburied, with much solemnity.

Thus making all the people who complained look silly.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

DM Shadowspawn

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2008, 04:31:13 PM »
*Lizuca wonders why it is the Ezrites have no burial grounds or tomb of their own with their fancy new church. She comes to the conclusion they would much rather venture into other churches to ask for aid, cause a raucous and speak down upon others of differing faiths then deal with their own dead. She decides to continue her prayers to the Morninglord for the good of everyone, instead of speaking of prejudice and hate as so many Ezrites have done within the Temple of the Morninglord.*

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2008, 05:57:35 PM »
Upon hearing the news that Lizuca did allow the exhumation and aided Dragomir in driving a stake through his wife's heart, rumor has it Calor commented:

"Small wonder evil triumphs when one cannot get accurate information.  How many have died because they were sent on a fool's errand based on the wrong information?"

Calor was seen walking toward Degannwy, dwarven ale in hand, still muttering to himself.
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »
*Lizuca wonders why it is the Ezrites have no burial grounds or tomb of their own with their fancy new church. She comes to the conclusion they would much rather venture into other churches to ask for aid, cause a raucous and speak down upon others of differing faiths then deal with their own dead. She decides to continue her prayers to the Morninglord for the good of everyone, instead of speaking of prejudice and hate as so many Ezrites have done within the Temple of the Morninglord.*

*Yoshinaka suddenly develops short term telepathy and thinks "Zing!"*

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2008, 10:06:46 PM »
Dragomir visits his wifes grave a few times a week, always leaving a flower.

Ramika

• The Original Mika!
  • Undead Master
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2008, 02:42:01 AM »
The mangled, nude form of Ramika was found in the center of the church; one eye missing, her nose burned away, both arms stabbed and mangled thoroughly at the joints, one foot gone, and her smile 'extended' to her jaw line.

She screamed and threw up hunks of decayed flesh and blood, until finally calmed somewhat, healed, and removed...

Active "Mains":
On Cellimene: Gabriela Dimir/Camelia Niculescu
On Ramika: Kyla Murray
Alt (On Cellimene): Andala

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2008, 03:02:11 AM »
Local Falkovnian mercenary Vladimir Kaiser is said to have been set upon by the defenders of the church, as well as others. He is said to have been struck down by those around, but not before killing one of the Light Carriers.
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »
Late in the night through the open door way to the graveyard a hawk is seen by the carriers and Lizuca flying in it caws some then drops a sealed letter near the door way before flying away once more into the night.

OOC: SS see pm i'm sending you

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2008, 12:53:54 AM »
It has been rumored that the temple mystic has taken an extended term of abscense from the church, tending to some type of personal business. Though nothing has been revealed as of yet to any but luzcia.

DM Shadowspawn

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2008, 01:25:16 AM »
*Mother Lizuca requests of Horatiu to post two letters on the wall of the temple for all to see*

Drudoc the necrophilic, bisexual hin has decided to attack out faith and convert to the faith diametrically opposed to our beliefs. Our now self proclaimed enemy, has through her actions and now words has decided to try to justify her actions. Let it be know her god demands Sacrifice! Her god demands Blood! Her god seeks our very destruction, that of every living thing. She says she wants peace, but only through fear does she ask for it! She asks for peace so she can strike from the shadows when we are not prepaired. She only fears retribution and justice for the crimes hanous crimes she has performed against all good people Outlander and Barovians alike. She fears retribution for she knows the glory of the Morninglord! She now fears the light, the light of the dawning sun....the light of the Morninglord!

Drudoc has proven to be an enemy of our faith and an enemy of Barovia! She is to be treated as an enemy, as one of her now chosen faith is...as a member of the undead she covets! She has foresaken her vows. By her letter she shows her delusion is complete! That she is truely insane! She has sided with the enemy and has become the very hypocrite she cites for her turning from our faith!  She cries out that Celurion is so foul yet she is following along his path. She strikes against us, those whom sent her to the asylum in hopes of providing her with care. The Asylum was provided a sizable payment to ensure the best treatment and care would be made available for her! Her actions caused the death of the orderly! Her actions brought about her very escape from a place meant to provide help! Her actions show she is a danger to herself and others!

Drudoc and Samira must be captured or killed. I would prefer she be brought to the authorities to be dealt with for their crimse commited. Assult and murder! In her letter she admits to the very crimes she is guilty of and does so with no remorse. I warn you all that neither she nor Samira should be trusted! That both are priestesses of some degree. be careful if you hunt them as I do not desire any more to fall victim to those whom pray to the evil that is the Blood God.

May the Light of the Morninglord shine upon you all

Mother Lizuca Lucaciu.

*http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=8750.msg133519#msg133519*

Upon opened by Lizuca (assuming she does) the letter would read as follows in eloquent hand writing and the paper smelling faintly of scented oils.

I never meant any of you harm you know, never wished to harm a soul. You tortured me though, back stabbed me during a fight of all things, because you were afraid of me. A fight that was with what you say you fight! Then you left me to rot for days and weeks on end in that filth of an ayslum. Do you know what they did to me in there? Raped, beat, forced me to lay in my own filth, drugged me, tortured me. No one ever came to visit to check up on me, no one but Samira. You all forgot about me. I finally did what I had to to get out. You forced my hand on those two deaths. All of you.

I suffered so much to help others, help you all. From my first day in barovia I fought isu to protect others, fought undead at all turns to help those that needed it. I couldnt even get a thank you for all I did. CELURION that egotistical fool of an elf made deals far more then I ever did. He left me to suffer at the hands of other undead just so he could go get a vampire. THATS MERCY?! THATS COMPANIONSHIP?! your all hypocrites. Claiming to do one thing but then doing another for the sake of your own skin and plans.

I have no qualms against you, any of you. If you force my hand I will defend myself, I have no intentions of harming any of you less I am forced. This is your one and only warning. Leave me alone, leave Samira alone. Or I will use all I have to make you pay, or die in the attempt.

Signed Drudoc

Another smaller note is addressed to Calor if Lizuca opens it to read it it reads as follows otherwise Calor will see the following.

Whatever we once shared, its over as I once told you. If you got any intentions of trying ot redeem me I warn you now Calor. They wont work, who and what I was is done with. Light has been cast away, and Darkness now resides in side. As I told the others, leave me alone. And if you see Luna the elven priest of the forests tell her to also leave me alone

Drudoc

OOC: If you could post this it would be appreciated

DM Shadowspawn

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »
*Mother Lizuca gently reminds everyone that the temple is a sanctuary for all unless you are wanted by the guard. Do not try to remove someone by force or we will be forced to remove you from our sanctuary*

//Don't metagame the NPC's through rolls of dragging someone outside by force. If I find someone doing that again I will set them faction hostile.

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2008, 03:02:11 AM »
A Warden of Ezra is seen storming through the outskirts on the way into the village, and when onlookers question as to what her deal was, some speculate that it has to do with yet another death within the Church of Ezra, following the recent death of Sonja Divic.  The outlander known as Ryoga had supposedly confessed without a scratch of remorse to the slaying and decapitation of a young Ezrite woman.  The woman was sacrificed by Ryoga, by at least one account, to unleash a demon that would supposedly grant him immortality.  Other accounts sound too fantastical to hold much weight with many, such as the one in which Ryoga was swallowed up by a shining portal in the sky. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:14:19 AM by Iconoclast »

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2008, 04:23:38 AM »
The militia man known as Ryoga, accompanied by a Warden of the Church of Ezra and a halfling, was seen entering the outskirts where he voluntarily placed himself under the custody of the outlander guard Michael, before being led to the Citadel.  It was noted by some that the mood was somber.  Ryoga put up no fight, although it may have been noticed that his chin and liips were stained with blood, and that the front of his clothing was freshly stained crimson.