Author Topic: Kharn - The Bloody Axe of Cormyr  (Read 520 times)

Kilivin

• New to the Mists
Kharn - The Bloody Axe of Cormyr
« on: March 02, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 208lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Skin Color: Tawny White

-Background -

My full name is Khârn Azariah Kyras, once valued first captain in the pathetic guard of Tempus. My story starts in the war torn lands of the Dragon Coast, in the city of Proskur where crime, war, and blood dealt hand in hand like bread and wine. My family of 5 was led by my father, a wealthy merchant part of the Proskur council named Borus Manias Kyras. Life was hard enough as it is anywhere, but Cormyr's demands upon the city sent me and my brothers off in their wars as soon as we were of age. By the time I was 5, I never saw my brothers again. By the time I was 9, my mother was killed during a riot against Cormyr occupation beating down citizens wishing for their independent city back. My father. . hmm. . that came later by my own hand.

I was raised in a land that only knew war. Growing up in an annexed city is one thing, growing up on the borders of 3 nations is another. Bandits, orcs, faithful - all of them raped and pillaged our lands. By the time I was of the age to fight, my blood was already boiling. For 8 years I fought Cormyr's bloody wars, and I was good at it. No one killed as many as I in those days, nor as gleefully. I made captain soon enough, and met my first only love, Lily Turain. . .I once served Tempus during those days, but my propensity for excessive bloodshed cast me out from every temple. That is when the Brothers of Blood found me. . "The blood father chose you" they proclaimed, "Tempus casts you out, and you are marked for the blood father's will!". . I detested violently by taking their heads. Then the day of reckoning came.

In my life, there have only been only a few events that define me to this day as I see it. The first was my river lily's death. . murdered by Tempus' butchers during a raid. I couldn't contain myself, and I vowed to kill every last one of them. I was held back at the time by the opposing forces... and when it came time to render judgement, the cowards fled. I was told they got sent on another mission, but I knew different. The order didn't want their reputation bloodied more than it already was. . the weaklings! I hunted those pathetic swine, and upon finding their worthless hide out I slaughtered them to the last. . . finding the truth behind my lover's death.

My. . loving father sent for her to be killed. Borus Manias Kyras, the last to my knowledge who shared my name and blood line, and he would die by my hand. Upon my return, he greeted me with open arms as any one would - as he put a dagger through his only remaining son's heart! It was at that moment, I saw nothing until my world became blinding rage. . Blood! VISCERA! OOOHHH The sweet smell of it. . It pleased my nostrils like nothing ever did before! Tear! GNASH! SEVER! ...choke the life from the pathetic servants!. .  I awoke with no one in my family estate left alive. This Blood Lord chose me that day, and for my lord's gifts of savagery I'll accept.

For the past 5 years I have used my family estate as a staging ground to carry out my lord's will. . all the while the pathetic servants try to aid me.  Recently, however, I have had to leave Proskur for the council was getting suspicious of my father's murder. . and the Purple Dragon Knights suspecting I had done it cast me out as it was, labeling me The Betrayer. . the weaklings. I hear there is work to be done afar, more blood and skulls to collect for my Lord. . . that this whole world shall one day again burn in name of this bloody lord!

I headed to the village of Kheldell as part of a note that bloody work was to be had there. Some wizard that needed killing in Waterdeep. Got tacked along with 3 others on this task. Listner, some weird masked man but he was kinda cool. Ace, a pansy but can't argue against someone who's good with a bow... and Maryann, a kid who is the most vicious two-faced person I've ever met. We did the job, I admit it was fun cutting down his servants...but upon returning from Waterdeep, Maryann got lost in some woods.

We came upon a nest of some vampire spawn. . . Six in total, we cut down almost all of 'em save for one. Don't remember much after that except waking up again in the same woods. Maryann, Listner, and Ace no where to be found as a mist set in around me. My main axes were gone, taken by the damned last vampire spawn who fought us, as was our bounty from the wizard's house. I wandered through those woods for a while looking for any of the others before getting knocked out by something in the mist. I feel. . . weaker than before, like the vampires drained me of some of my former strength or something. When I finally come to, Maryann is looking over me, damn idiot girl getting lost. Now to find out where we are and why we're here.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:54:17 AM by Kilivin »
Let not one's failures lead to dismay, but rally oneself to further their want & need to improve.