You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Forced @letgo in pirate cave  (Read 772 times)

Bethaiable

• New to the Mists
Forced @letgo in pirate cave
« on: February 27, 2020, 05:18:11 AM »

Where:
Pirate ship in werewolf cave, Barovia

When:
Knocked to zero, below.

What:
Friend was forced dead with more stabilizing rolls to go. I was forced dead AFTER stabilizing, no one hit me. Were just considering option when i appeared in the mists, still with my -Get to your feet- box in the corner. It weren't instant, it took a little while.
(Sorry about the picture taken with my phone, for some reason screenshot wouldn't work)
https://gyazo.com/b29f876faab4d0cb5ce54714521137a8
Then i had trouble being revived. i was alive, but dead? DM Deceit had to help out with the confusion.

Recreate:
Get knocked down in a dungeon for a while? I'm not sure if it can happen again, it's the first time it happened to me. Both me and my friend went down in the pirate ship and after a little while we died. Not at the same time, she died first, me after.

Ideas:
None really, i don't really know how any of the stuff works behidn the game.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Forced @letgo in pirate cave
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:26:19 AM »
Should this reoccur I suggest you take screenshots from the combat logs. The information in between the moment of your death and the moment you spawned in the ethereal would better allow us to know what happened. Maybe there was a lingering effect ongoing that kept damaging you.

Using the Print Screen key in your keyboard should put a proper screenshot in your "Neverwinter Nights\screenshots" folder. Alternatively you can turn on the logs in the nwnplayer.ini file. The following link will explain you how to do it.

Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Dante101

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:45:41 AM »
It's also possible you had a temporary Con buff (such as Bears) that wore off while waiting to get up. Effectively causing you to lose HP and drop below -10. That seems most likely to me.

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 11:06:30 AM »
It looks like from your character portrait that you were in an animal form. Dante makes mention of it, but any adjustment to your HP is reverted in the unconscious state so any manner of shapechange, spell buffs, and temporary benefits such as barbarian rage can result in an immediate death without bleed out.

Bethaiable

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 01:43:49 PM »
I stabilized, then died, i scrolled up to see if i took damage, but i did not. My friend was not shapeshifted and had no dmg over time on her, but she died with still 3 rolls til dead-dead.
But as i said, i haven o idea what happened. nothing in the combat text i could see, so your guesses are as good as anyones.

And i tried to take a screen shot the way they say it, but it just triggered something else and no screenshots appeared in said folder.

Dante101

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 02:04:37 PM »
Did you buff yourself with Bear's Endurance (constitution buff) before the fight?