Author Topic: Can you login to your online PC account from the console version of this game  (Read 757 times)

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
I’ve been playing on this server using my desktop computer for a few months now. However with the new COV-19 work from home situation in the USA, it looks like my wife will be staying home and using our (only gaming) PC for work, pretty much around the clock.

So I instead bought nwn EE on my console (ps4). I don't mind making new characters, but I would prefer to have some kind of continuity between my play time.

So my question is:
Is there a way to log into the POTM server using my existing account? Or am I forced to use a new vault with new console only characters?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:22:13 PM by tylernwn »

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
I don't have a Playstation 4 so my first question would be if you are able to access your game files. You will need to have matching CD Keys to access your account between devices. If you have no way to access the cdkey.ini (or a comparable if console has this) then you won't be able to play on the same account as the one you had before. The same goes the opposite in that if you cannot get your PS4 keys, you will not be able to play on PC with that account.

Another concern to consider is that Beamdog just released another patch and I believe it is a different version than what consoles are on, so once the server updates you likely won't be able to connect due to mismatched versions. It has been a problem in the past for some.

I hope you find something that works out for you! Good luck and stay safe!

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Thanks for the info. This should be a good starting point, and some insight into what to expect.