You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Accidental character deletion via identical name replication  (Read 626 times)

Fright-Face

• Outlander
Accidental character deletion via identical name replication
« on: February 20, 2020, 06:55:56 PM »
I was told to bring my situation here so I'll just spell it out as well as I can.

Today, 2/20/20, a friend of mine got into the game and decided he'd later remake his character due to a botched start. Worried if he wouldn't be able to use the same name due to the lack of an immediately accessible character delete feature, and without any immediate information on what actually would happen -- and a convenient forgetting that the discord server exists -- I decided to test what would happen by just remaking my character. In hindsight, I have trash characters I could've done this with or just made a new one. So, the process I performed was as simple as shambling together a soon to be forgotten abominashion of a test character, named him "Kesimir Kovacevic," and lo and behold, my old character of the same name had vanished. I don't know if I can still locate it in any sort of local folder, but I was just told to A) come here about it and B) that the character in question might be saved to a vault. What are my options?

Fright-Face

• Outlander
Re: Accidental character deletion via identical name replication
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:39:04 PM »
The original Kesimir Kovacevic is 2 Fighter and 6 Wizard, if it helps.