Author Topic: Sir Ander Fermar - Knight of the Golden Lion  (Read 610 times)

Kilivin

• New to the Mists
Sir Ander Fermar - Knight of the Golden Lion
« on: February 28, 2020, 12:44:53 PM »
Physical Description:

Height: 6'0''
Weight: 150lbs
Body Type: Lean
Skin Color: Light Skin
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Eye Color: Emerald Green

Biography:

I was born to the Fermar family, nobility in the small kingdom of Elturgard in the Western Heartlands of the Sword Coast. The middle child of 2 brothers, I kept to myself and always spoke quietly compared to my boisterous older brother, Karder. I was only a young boy when my mother was taken away from my father and brothers, I don't know what ever happened to her but I didn't stick around long in our house long enough to find out. Yes, we lived well, and I grew up with a few friends before my training began. The Fermar family holds lands and titles, but none of us had distinguished themselves with it. Myself, I sought to improve that perception of our noble family... so I set off in search to squire under another.

I squired for a knight who taught me how to fight, care for a steed, and conduct myself with honor. I decided to take up that path for myself to grant glory to my house. Sir Ontharr Lionshand, his name was. He was a jovial man, altogether good and a paladin to Torm The True. I never held such zealotry, but growing up in the land of two suns, it was hard to not to follow the teachings of the Triad. T'was on the road I was taken under Sir Ontharr's tutelage doing simple guard work at the ripe young age of 13. A group of bandits attacked us, and when one sought to enter one of the carriages - I fought him. He was also a young man, but training with teachers nobility provides saw him fall on my sword. Ontharr saw this as he was too on the journey, and took me under his service as a squire.

It wasn't until many years later that I attained my knighthood in the Order of the Golden Lion. I know not why, but my faith never matched the zeal many others in the order had. Instead of see such lack of any divine abilities as a failure of my faith, I held to what the Code speaks. "Seek prowess and skill in all endeavors." I heard these words speak to me, and knew that this was a test by Torm himself. That I would be an example that any man or woman could accomplish the same great deeds of a Paladin to Torm The True filled me with renewed vigor to train to be Torm's Champion.

So it was, I was given my arms and armor and set off as a new knight of the Order. The world is an evil place, I always say. Only through Torm's guidance and the obeying the code can a knight find his way through this world. I find my solace in this code alone, and through my Penance of Duty I shall follow it. The Debt of Persecution, that I serve other goodly faiths. The Debt of Dereliction, that I spend every resource to uproot evil cults of tyrannical and evil Gods. Finally, The Debt of Destruction, that I locate and report areas of dead or wild magic and work to repair such places.

My prayer to Torm be that through my Penance of Duty to the Order of the Golden Lion, Torm shall accept me as his divine champion. A young boy no older than I was when my mother abandoned me has been reported missing in the local woods outside the ruined Fort Bridgefort. Rumors circle of people going missing there. "Wolves" I think to myself, as I draw a torch and press into these woods. A simple task to rescue a child for a knight.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 12:46:39 PM by Kilivin »
Let not one's failures lead to dismay, but rally oneself to further their want & need to improve.