You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Sterling Reputation Feat  (Read 1219 times)

mooner

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
Sterling Reputation Feat
« on: February 16, 2020, 03:20:01 AM »
I currently have a Caliban bard character who I've tried to give the lowest possible OCR to.

He has 16 charisma and max influence for level 2. The OCR numbers are 12 (appearance) + 8 (global OCR). However, his charisma gives a -3 and influence a -1 to global OCR respectively, which brings Barovia's OCR to 16.

For level 2, I took the Sterling Reputation feat which is supposed to lower global OCR by a further two. However, I noticed no difference to OCR after taking this feat and am still hostile in Barovia. I discussed this with DM Erebus and he concluded that it hasn't taken effect, apparently.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Sterling Reputation Feat
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 03:53:41 AM »
Don't know whether Erebus did this, but I think it might be possible to give you a negative Reputation as a temporary fix until the Feat is corrected...
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

mooner

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 03:59:23 AM »
Don't know whether Erebus did this, but I think it might be possible to give you a negative Reputation as a temporary fix until the Feat is corrected...

I'll ask a DM next time I'm on, see if it's possible. Thanks for the heads up.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 02:38:01 PM »
What's your character's height and when did you set it? Chances are your height cancels the Sterling Reputation bonus.

mooner

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 05:38:46 PM »
What's your character's height and when did you set it? Chances are your height cancels the Sterling Reputation bonus.

in fairness i think it is the max for a caliban (82?), but that was set before levelling up and taking sterling rep. i do recall playing around with the heights though and it didn't seem to have any impact on OCR, whether i set it at 60 or 80 inches

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 07:53:31 PM »
It probably kicked in when you leveled up since that's likely when it updated your skin.

PCs above 78 inches get +2 OCR, which nullifies the gains from Sterling Reputation.

mooner

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 11:56:17 PM »
Ah, that would explain it then. Does the height penalty and sterling reputation both affect the same stat (base OCR, for instance)?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 12:10:16 AM »
Ah, that would explain it then. Does the height penalty and sterling reputation both affect the same stat (base OCR, for instance)?

Yeah.

mooner

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 12:52:36 AM »
If that's definitely the case, then there's no bug after all. I'll make sure to get the minus reputation removed next time I'm on.