You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: ability to buy more the one potion bottle  (Read 2715 times)

StreetSamurai

• Outlander
  • Isle of Sartosa
Re: ability to buy more the one potion bottle
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2020, 03:06:43 PM »
Personally I like when there's roleplay at the crafting hall in Vallaki and I ruin it with me buying tanin for my 10 pages of hides.

Please don't ever fix this.
now with 100% less rvt

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2020, 03:07:57 PM »
I may not have been clear in my previous two posts but at this point unless someone in the community decides to investigate further if stacks can work with variables, it won't be changed. Now, if no one cares enough about this to test (and learn in the process), so be it, it'll remain on the to-do list until we get to it.

Rvrdrgn

• New to the Mists
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2020, 02:20:42 PM »
Try buying 100 potion bottles with a broken right hand.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 09:40:56 AM »
I may not have been clear in my previous two posts but at this point unless someone in the community decides to investigate further if stacks can work with variables, it won't be changed. Now, if no one cares enough about this to test (and learn in the process), so be it, it'll remain on the to-do list until we get to it.

Yeah, there seems to be technical limitations related to this request. There might be solutions, but they might be more confusing than just keeping things the way they are.

Perhaps a more reasonable request would be to create dialogue options for vendors of the most common ingredients. So that the pc can for example, ask to buy "10 hides" (or a spoken number), and then a script can dump them into your inventory as a separate stack.

Its probably not the neatest solution to this problem. But it is a short term solution that's probably good enough to address the general spirit of what people are discussing here.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:45:22 AM by tylernwn »