Author Topic: Lost Account... Again  (Read 942 times)

lordmelkayar

• New to the Mists
Lost Account... Again
« on: May 22, 2021, 11:08:00 PM »
Hello there

Well, this happened again. I tried to access my old account, but no success. This has happened before.

I need to reset my serial key on my account

Any DM available to help?

My account is "LordMelkayar"

Thanks!

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Re: Lost Account... Again
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 10:47:08 AM »
Hello there

Well, this happened again. I tried to access my old account, but no success. This has happened before.

I need to reset my serial key on my account

Any DM available to help?

My account is "LordMelkayar"

Thanks!

Spoiler: show

Are you sure that you have the correct account name? From my own experience, changing serial keys does not prevent you from logging into your account. Its just that if you have a different serial key, you will need to put in your password correctly to accept the new serial key once you log onto the character. Otherwise your character will be frozen.

This is based on my experience of playing on the same account from different devices (mobile, ipad, pc). So you may not need a DM for this. However if you can’t get as far as seeing the character selection screen, I am guessing that you are using the wrong account name.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:56:39 AM by tylernwn »

lordmelkayar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 07:04:28 PM »
Nope, I'm pretty sure the account name is LordMelkayar. I've the chatlog from the previous time Soren helped me out.
We settled for the account name above.

Somehow, I can't connect with it anymore.

Can you check if it still exist just to make sure it wasn't hacked or taken over? Maybe I'm doing a newbie mistake here, but the usual road to login is just not working for me.

Thanks for the reply!

Bye o/

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 09:12:14 AM »
Nope, I'm pretty sure the account name is LordMelkayar. I've the chatlog from the previous time Soren helped me out.

Can you check if it still exist just to make sure it wasn't hacked or taken over? Maybe I'm doing a newbie mistake here, but the usual road to login is just not working for me.

Thanks for the reply!

Bye o/

Spoiler: show

Hey, I tried every combination of capitals and spaces on this name that I could think of, and all the vaults were empty. So yeah, you might need a DM to look through the server files for a name like “%Melkayar%”, and help you resolve this issue. Sorry that this ended up not helping.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:14:11 AM by tylernwn »

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »

Thanks for the reply!

Bye o/

Hey, I tried every combination of capitals and spaces on this name that I could think of, and all the vaults were empty. So yeah, you might need a DM to look through the server files for a name like “%Melkayar%”, and help you resolve this issue. Sorry that this ended up not helping.

Just as a warning, you should not try to log onto a player vault, even if its to help like this, its better to directly guide the player toward the team for help.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 09:56:05 PM »
I did a quick search and that account has never been used in the last year, so chances are you misspelled it.

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »
Your account name is lord_melkayar.

lordmelkayar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 10:21:13 PM »
FINALLY!

Well, I thought Soren did transferred the whole thing to LordMelkayar.

Whatever, I'll use lord_melkayar from now on.

Thansk a bunch everyone! Glad you guys could find my lost account again ^^

See you in the mists!