You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: [To Those Who Honor the Dead]  (Read 943 times)

Naiad

• Undead Slayer
[To Those Who Honor the Dead]
« on: February 09, 2020, 02:31:06 PM »
*A letter is pinned across Vallaki and the Mist Camp. The letter is written in a black amateur hand, with ink smudges and over-corrected scribbles*

To Those Who Honor the Dead

The graveyard has had a series of desecrations. Memorials have gone missing, offerings stolen, and headstones have been vandalized. I have also witnessed moving of bodies from the Sanctuary and a recent trend of animal remains strewn about the city.  I am asking for assistance in regaining peace for the dead. A small token for a grave you do not know, or a shrine to the fallen can help undo the damage done. I am reaching out for help, so we may turn these series of desecrations into an opportunity to show our respect.

If you are interested in helping in this task, please seek me out or feel free to leave a gift or offering to the deceased in Vallaki or a quiet place among the roads.

I am also calling for those who are within my domain of faith to seek me out. I would like to speak with all of you regarding how we can protect the dead's honor and prevent further desecration.

-Ophelia Bell: Faithful of Kelemvor and Acolytus to Sentinel Zeles of the Eternal Order
Ophelia Bell: Your friendly Neighborhood Grave-Keep
Qasim Majib Talib Ju'ur Dai: Confused desert man

Naiad

• Undead Slayer
Re: [To Those Who Honor the Dead]
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
*More parchments are placed up around the Vallaki and the roadsides*

Thank you, everyone, who has come to help me with the graveyard. The Dead watch and they have seen you. Yet the work is not done, and when it rains it pours. Please continue to show your respect and that you have not forgotten them.

To my fellow grave tenders and those who honor the dead in faith and see to their rest. I would like to meet you in two weeks in Berez. Perhaps together we can come up with a solution that does not disrupt the dead or constrain the living.

OOC: March 7th; at 8pm EST in the Berez cemetery
Discord: D.T.#6355; feel free to contact me

Naiad

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 03:33:08 PM »
OOC: Time moved from 8 pm EST to 6 pm EST (11:00 pm GMT): On March 7th

Naiad

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 12:06:45 PM »

OOC: Today's the day! About 6 hours from now.

Naiad

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »
We start in 1 hour