Author Topic: Noticable issue with FPS in certain areas with Particle Effects  (Read 813 times)

Anthaxious

• New to the Mists
This started happening recently, I'm not sure if it is because the server is in the 'winter' biome currently, or if it is something that has been updated (Haks? Beamdog?).

In any case, the game FPS drops to an unbearably low number in certain areas, (e.g. Tser Falls, some forest areas, snowy areas in Mt. Baratok)

Before anyone suggests it's my own PC, I have confirmed this is happening with other players. Also, my PC has the latest GPU driver updates, and is by no means an underpowered PC for this game. (RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, i9 9900k, etc)...

Can someone figure out what's going on with this and rectify it? It's making playing in certain areas very tedious, and quite dangerous when combat engages.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
Re: Noticable issue with FPS in certain areas with Particle Effects
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 03:48:25 PM »
I have this problem in the mists regularly. I just shut down the game and load it up again. That tends to fix it. It seems to be something Beamdog side. The version before last had this issue as well, the version before this one did not have this issue.
"No, you." -Captain America