You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Getting one skill point less per level  (Read 660 times)

Telkar

• Dark Power
Getting one skill point less per level
« on: February 02, 2020, 04:06:20 PM »
Like the title says. I noticed something off a while ago, but now as I leveled up my character, it's crystal clear. I get one skill point less than I'm supposed to. I thought maybe it had to do with the RDD class's intelligence bonus not being taken into account for skill points, but I tested that theory locally and no, I got all the skill points there. I'm wondering, since I heard RDDs technically become the "dragon" race, that I'm loosing the extra skill point for being a human?

If someone else can verify that this happens to them too or not, that'd be appreciated.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Getting one skill point less per level
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:15:59 PM »
Indeed, though it's not a bug. Since the PC is no longer human they don't get the human extra skill points going forward.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 04:24:20 PM »
 :Seriously__We_Need_One__by_Ca

Okay. No big deal then. Do other races loose their race specific stuff too? Like elves loosing the bonus to spot and listen and ability bonuses and decreases?

Edit: No that wouldn't make sense cause they had that stuff before becoming "dragon"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:32:12 PM by Telkar »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
:Seriously__We_Need_One__by_Ca

Okay. No big deal then. Do other races loose their race specific stuff too? Like elves loosing the bonus to spot and listen and ability bonuses and decreases?

Edit: No that wouldn't make sense cause they had that stuff before becoming "dragon"

Right. Otherwise your PC would also lose a feat and retroactive skill points :)

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 05:04:32 PM »
"Half-dragon" is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

A half-dragon uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

From page 146 of the 3.5e Monster Manual I.

This makes me less convinced humans should not continue to get their extra skillpoints.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:06:52 PM by Telkar »