Author Topic: Dying Dummy Help - Specific Head Model  (Read 1088 times)

A minor Glamour

Dying Dummy Help - Specific Head Model
« on: February 01, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »
I'm sure that using this head model in the past, I have always been able to change the jewelry options using metal dyes, but when I change the colour metal one and two, and choose ALL, everything changes except the jewelry on the head. So I have a suspicion that the dying dummy script needs attention? Any thoughts?

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
Re: Dying Dummy Help - Specific Head Model
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 12:22:55 PM »
Are you sure its not done by eye or tattoo colours?

Building out off the mists

A minor Glamour

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 01:27:34 PM »
No, it isn't eye or lip colour. The jewelry changes colour whenever you change outfit, if you remove the outfit the jewelry takes on the default nude colours, and that red is this particular outfits default metal 1.

rivvil me this

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 01:35:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is because the per-part dye system doesn't dye the base colours of the clothing which is where some head models get the colours for their accessories. Probably an oversight.

Could be resolved by making the [All] option while dyeing affect the base colours?

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 01:38:15 PM »
I am almost positive that after the per-part dye update, head 105 started deriving lip colours from certain clothing options. I don't believe the colours could be chosen before at all. One day I logged on and my character's lip colour changed. Maybe this head has the same problem in a different form.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 01:39:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is because the per-part dye system doesn't dye the base colours of the clothing which is where some head models get the colours for their accessories. Probably an oversight.

Could be resolved by making the [All] option while dyeing affect the base colours?

It already does. It both updates the per part and all. Are you using red for one of the armor parts?

rivvil me this

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 02:15:54 PM »

It already does. It both updates the per part and all. Are you using red for one of the armor parts?

I might be missing something but I'm not sure it's working as intended, at least for the dye dummy in the new character area.

I just made a test character and, using a few different heads with acccessories tied to clothing dye, set all my clothing colours to Heliotrope Violet using [All]. The head accessories never changed, nor did the dye dummies report of the base dyes.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:18:56 PM by Aranatha »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »
Mmm yeah, found the issue and will have it fixed in my next update (or the one after).

A minor Glamour

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 03:56:09 PM »

The only red section in the outfit is Metal 1, which was the default colour of the robes, that I bought from the ghost merchant. What might help is if the test dummy copied your race and head option, that way you could see any accessories and the colours they will be.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 04:33:27 PM »
FYI, I've uploaded the fix on the test server if anyone wants to test it.

A minor Glamour

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 02:32:32 PM »
FYI, I've uploaded the fix on the test server if anyone wants to test it.

OMG totes amazeballs!  :D

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
This should now be fixed.