You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Healing domain spells broken by new update  (Read 1041 times)

Lexica

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
Healing domain spells broken by new update
« on: January 22, 2020, 02:49:53 AM »
The update preventing characters from casting spells they would not know at their current level is currently preventing a level three Healing domain cleric from casting cure serious wounds. Likely this problem extends to any domain spell granted earlier than a cleric would normally receive it.
Michelle Anciaux

QDS

• Undead Master
Re: Healing domain spells broken by new update
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 03:35:13 AM »
  My searing light works, to be honest. Also my sunbeam, which I got with my sun domain.
Rock'n'rolla...

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 04:48:12 AM »
Lexica is talking about the spells which are being lowered because of domains. Healing domain takes the 3rd circle Cure Serious Wounds and makes it a 2nd circle Cure Serious Wounds. However, since a level 3 doesn't know the 3rd circle, they're being prevented from casting it, which is an error.

Even if this is fixed, be aware that after this update goes through, the default behaviour of NWN disallows you from spontaneously casting Cure Serious Wounds as a level 2 spell, at least if I remember correctly. You have to prep it. I got into the habit of having at least one as a result.

You also can't cast non-Cleric spells from scrolls even if you have a domain that grants it. Dunno if that's intentional.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

QDS

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 04:55:11 AM »
Lexica is talking about the spells which are being lowered because of domains. Healing domain takes the 3rd circle Cure Serious Wounds and makes it a 2nd circle Cure Serious Wounds. However, since a level 3 doesn't know the 3rd circle, they're being prevented from casting it, which is an error.

Even if this is fixed, be aware that after this update goes through, the default behaviour of NWN disallows you from spontaneously casting Cure Serious Wounds as a level 2 spell, at least if I remember correctly. You have to prep it. I got into the habit of having at least one as a result.

You also can't cast non-Cleric spells from scrolls even if you have a domain that grants it. Dunno if that's intentional.

Sun domain lowers the level required for Searing Light and Sunbeam, but if the actual level of the spell is lowered, then yes, might be a problem.
Rock'n'rolla...

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 05:07:53 AM »
Yeah, for a high level it's fine, because you have access to that circle anyway. But someone who is not high enough level to cast the spell normally should be able to, since their domain lets them. Sunbeam is just not a Cleric spell in general, so it doesn't have this problem. If it did, level 15 clerics would be casting it at 8th circle willy nilly and nobody would take Sun domain.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »
Thanks, will fix this in the next update.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 01:23:43 PM »
This should now be fixed.