Author Topic: Crashes force logout  (Read 1058 times)

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
Crashes force logout
« on: January 18, 2020, 03:39:12 AM »
When i randomly crashed while fighting, my character always end up dead even by the criiters weaker then me, probably AC set 0. The problem with crashes it is that character does not log out immidiatly and leave us to die can it be done so that when crashed and character is invulnerable or force logout by the system ? I died alot due to crashes and it is annoying for me to dungeon.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:52:57 AM by Mayvind »

zDark Shadowz

Re: Crashes force logout
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 05:31:26 PM »
There's a one minute timerish by default where if you were unable to send/receive information from the server you do get booted out. This is what happens when you crash out too, it takes a minute.

I assume by design this was done because if it was any shorter, people would be far more often booted from the server for experiencing momentary, awful lag. It's a design compromise, talk to Beamdog on their forums if you want that changed.

The very nature of a crash is that you arent sending information to the server, so you can't tell it you have crashed. Nothing the developers can do about that without creating some kind of external app for booting characters to save people ~60 seconds.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:33:16 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 06:13:49 PM »
The very nature of a crash is that you arent sending information to the server, so you can't tell it you have crashed. Nothing the developers can do about that without creating some kind of external app for booting characters to save people ~60 seconds.

Well that depends whether it's configurable or not. I -think- it is though I dont know if it is client/server/both

I think a minute is far too long on a relatively hardcore server if it is.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 10:52:36 PM »
Yeah, this is an engine issue, and as others have observed, if they set the threshold much shorter, you'd have people being disconnected when under heavy lag. Nothing we can do about it.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.