You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Persistent Rental System - Testing  (Read 6696 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Persistent Rental System - Testing
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »
1) I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but there seems to be a "placeables save radius" from the center of an area.  Anything we build or a DM places out toward the fringes of an area seems to get deleted after a crash or reset.  We've been dealing with this ICly saying "the place is haunted," but is there any way to get this corrected?

I'd need more information: name of the area, screenshots of where this occurs (with the minimap open). Also, do you make sure to exit the area/relog every time ? Placeables are only saved when you exit the rental's trigger/area. You should get a message telling you the placeables have been updated.

2) Any chance of boosting the max # of keys for a rental beyond 6?  We've got a good number of people involved now and the activity/RP has been great!

Different rentals have different maximum number of keys. The larger ones support up to 10 keys but they are also more expensive. Some support only up to 2 or 3 keys as well.

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2020, 05:48:49 PM »

Lol, love it
Couple of things:

1) ...We've been dealing with this ICly saying "the place is haunted," but is there any way to get this corrected?

Many years ago, Olga Grosu was one of the last hold outs to be relocated from her home in the Warehouse District when Vallaki city officials decided the area would be exclusively for workshops and storage buildings. After many notices were served, the Garda attempted to enter the house only to find windows and doors barricaded with Olga's excessively collected belongings. In the end they had to break down the door to Olga's house and remove much material to gain entry and force the eviction issue. What they discovered was Olga buried under a fallen pile of her own hoarded heaps. It is said that whoever lives in her house to this day will find their stuff mysteriously taken, perhaps to fuel her need to increase her holdings of junk even in death.
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2020, 05:58:52 PM »
1) I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but there seems to be a "placeables save radius" from the center of an area.  Anything we build or a DM places out toward the fringes of an area seems to get deleted after a crash or reset.  We've been dealing with this ICly saying "the place is haunted," but is there any way to get this corrected?

I'd need more information: name of the area, screenshots of where this occurs (with the minimap open). Also, do you make sure to exit the area/relog every time ? Placeables are only saved when you exit the rental's trigger/area. You should get a message telling you the placeables have been updated.

2) Any chance of boosting the max # of keys for a rental beyond 6?  We've got a good number of people involved now and the activity/RP has been great!

I'll get some screenies and details to you later this evening.

Different rentals have different maximum number of keys. The larger ones support up to 10 keys but they are also more expensive. Some support only up to 2 or 3 keys as well.
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2020, 08:31:16 PM »
I'll add three new rental shops in Dementlieu, located in the Quartier Savant, in my next update.

I'll add some more locations in and around Vallaki at a later time.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2020, 10:24:22 PM »
Due to the shape of the rental rooms in the Drain, knocking on the door of room 3 in particular cannot be heard further in due to the distance it is from the door.

Is it practical to add bells to these rooms as well?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2020, 10:56:51 PM »
Due to the shape of the rental rooms in the Drain, knocking on the door of room 3 in particular cannot be heard further in due to the distance it is from the door.

Is it practical to add bells to these rooms as well?

Unfortunately bells work for an entire area, so everyone in the Drain would be alerted whenever someone rang a bell.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »
A few recent changes/upcoming changes:

-Added an option for Gendarmes/Guards/DMs to generate extra keys to rentals (for Gendarmes/Guards, this only covers rentals under their supervision and is limited to higher ranks).
-With the next update, there'll be a limit of two rentals per character. People who currently have more than two rentals will have to inform DMs so we can vacate the extra ones.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2020, 01:56:16 PM »
With the new update, we'll change the way full area rentals (ie: Warehouses, Shops, Penthouse, etc.) function to fix issues with placeables not storing everywhere in the area. However, this will bug existing rentals so that placeables may no longer spawn post-reset. DM Tenebris has backed up rentals as of today so changes made afterwards won't be saved.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2022, 10:29:41 AM »
In the next update, we'll let player owners of rentals use @spawn placeable commands in their rentals to spawn any placeables themselves rather than having to rely on DMs. There will be an upper limit, and a one-time cost when spawning a placeable (1% of the rental's base cost). Obviously this will be subject to normal rules and abuse or misuse of the tool will lead to the appropriate punishment and loss of the rental.

We hope that this change will give players more freedom to decorate their rental as they wish, and alleviate the workload from our DMs, so they can focus on other tasks.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2022, 10:42:01 AM »
In the next update, we'll let player owners of rentals use @spawn placeable commands in their rentals to spawn any placeables themselves rather than having to rely on DMs. There will be an upper limit, and a one-time cost when spawning a placeable (1% of the rental's base cost). Obviously this will be subject to normal rules and abuse or misuse of the tool will lead to the appropriate punishment and loss of the rental.

We hope that this change will give players more freedom to decorate their rental as they wish, and alleviate the workload from our DMs, so they can focus on other tasks.

Will there be a guide somewhere about how to use this feature?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2022, 12:10:03 PM »
Will there be a guide somewhere about how to use this feature?

As with all commands, there'll be a help subcommand.

Gumby

• New to the Mists
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »
Can all keyholders then spawn these placeables or just the owner ?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »
Can all keyholders then spawn these placeables or just the owner ?

Just the owner as mentioned. Easier to track if there is abuse or misuse.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2022, 04:49:43 PM »
I could kiss you right now, EO.

Edit: Also, will there be a list of the placeables we'll have at our disposal?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:54:47 PM by Swan »

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2022, 10:04:45 PM »

Thank you for this!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2022, 10:20:42 PM »
I could kiss you right now, EO.

Edit: Also, will there be a list of the placeables we'll have at our disposal?

They can be found in placeables.2da; I'll put a list somewhere, or at least a link to a list. But anyone can extract it from our haks.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2022, 02:38:13 PM »
that's really good news
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2022, 04:45:37 AM »
If I could make request, to have the rental placeable area triggers in The Drain to include a bit of space in front of the door to allow for signposts (like in shops in the warehouse district, for example) or allow the current signs to be writeable. This would allow player groups who use these rooms to show who occupies it.

e.g. Room #1, #2, #3.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2022, 12:21:16 PM »
We'll make the following changes to rentals with the next update:

-Allow renaming of full area rentals using @rental name in the area. Eg. Barovia - Vallaki - Lower Town - Warehouse District - Shop I -> Barovia - Vallaki - Lower Town - Warehouse District - EO's Emporium. Obviously, we'll monitor for problematic names.

-Increase the key limits for most rentals (shop/faction/warehouse ones will have a key capacity of 25, whereas we've doubled the key capacity of Novak's appartments and Governor's Hotel non-penthouse rooms).

Kleomenes

• Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2022, 02:38:12 PM »
Thankyou so much EO. The key limit rise is going to generate so much extra RP and make it much easier to use these areas.

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2022, 05:32:08 PM »
We'll make the following changes to rentals with the next update:

-Allow renaming of full area rentals using @rental name in the area. Eg. Barovia - Vallaki - Lower Town - Warehouse District - Shop I -> Barovia - Vallaki - Lower Town - Warehouse District - EO's Emporium. Obviously, we'll monitor for problematic names.

-Increase the key limits for most rentals (shop/faction/warehouse ones will have a key capacity of 25, whereas we've doubled the key capacity of Novak's appartments and Governor's Hotel non-penthouse rooms).

May I ask where the basement rental of Houlgrave's Books and Rarities will fall in this? I'd love for it to be seen as a faction rental rather than a living quarter.

Siobhan

• Undead Master
  • Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2022, 12:31:02 AM »
+1 for the expansion of keys!! :)

While the change to rentals is being made, is there any chance we could also get line breaks on useable placeable descriptions? Or for the lease owner to be able to use a quill to add onto them!

I'd really like to make a menu on a painting placeable, but it is illegible without line breaks.
Mariana Dragavei

Formerly: Eliza Sorry, Shrixenna Lueltar

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2022, 10:20:37 PM »
Didn't want to create a new topic but instead resurrect this one.

A suggestion to help align placeables using the @spawn feature is to have the Pick Target feat spawn a small placeable (e.g. a static red dot or red arrow similar to the one spawned by the Carpentry preview feature), that only the player client can see. It could persist for a couple of minutes before deleting itself or removed by placing a new location with the Pick Target.

It would assist in making small adjustments in placeable placement and NPC/companion control.

Also! How many lootboxes would I have to buy to convince you EO to raise the max placeable count from 100 to 125?  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 01:18:49 AM by InMyDarkestHours »