Author Topic: Persistent Rental System - Testing  (Read 6745 times)

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
Re: Persistent Rental System - Testing
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2020, 02:26:53 AM »
The keys expired tonight (quit working), but the lease remained intact. Had to purchase full set of new keys. New keys have been working.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2020, 02:34:54 AM »
Can confirm, my key for a different rental expired as well. Checked about a day ago and it said I had a good long time left

Onkel Bob

• Developers
  • Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2020, 03:12:28 AM »
All my Hospice keys expired as well, but the lease was intact. Renewing the lease did not make the keys work, neither did the new "change the locks" feature. I had to vacate the property and lease it again before I could get working keys. After having done that only 1 of the old keys changed it's name to (Expired) but the other old ones are still described as expired by the examine tool.

Portraits (updated 14/04/2024)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2020, 08:50:07 AM »
That's unfortunate; I thought I had prevented that from happening but looks like not. Anyway it's a one time thing, so whoever owns the lease should drop all their keys and ask to change the locks/get new keys and/or vacate/take a new lease right away.

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2020, 10:38:11 AM »
Suggestion:

Allow keyholders other than the primary renter to extend the rent/lease on a particular location.
Meaning, character A rents a location, purchases extra keys and gives extra keys to characters B, C, and D.

Allow B, C, or D to extend rent on behalf of A.
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 12:16:11 PM »
Suggestion:

Allow keyholders other than the primary renter to extend the rent/lease on a particular location.
Meaning, character A rents a location, purchases extra keys and gives extra keys to characters B, C, and D.

This is neither feasible nor desirable. First of all, B, C or D may themselves own another rental, and/or be keyholders for multiple rentals; the system wouldn't be able to detect specifically for which they want to extend. Also, the keyholder is the one in charge of deciding if they want to continue renting or not, not someone else. If they want to, they can transfer the lease but they are responsible.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 01:01:20 PM »
Suggestion:

This is neither feasible nor desirable. First of all, B, C or D may themselves own another rental, and/or be keyholders for multiple rentals; the system wouldn't be able to detect specifically for which they want to extend. Also, the keyholder is the one in charge of deciding if they want to continue renting or not, not someone else. If they want to, they can transfer the lease but they are responsible.

I have a suspicion I know what this boils down to.  What about shortening the lease from 30 days to 15 or so.  So that the turnover rate for those who are not actively using the properties is higher, and those spaces become available more often for others to rent if they aren't actively being used?

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »
Suggestion:

I have a suspicion I know what this boils down to.  What about shortening the lease from 30 days to 15 or so.  So that the turnover rate for those who are not actively using the properties is higher, and those spaces become available more often for others to rent if they aren't actively being used?

+1!

Rentals are the scarcest resource in the game and it's unfortunate that they can be left unused by an inactive player for a full month. 15 days is very easy for any active player.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 10:47:48 PM »
Am I understanding that places that are persistent rentals allow you to have a permanently decorated area? Or is that limited to shop fronts and places like the drain/hospice? Have the current retantal areas, like the Tenements and Governor's hotel under the new system now? If rented areas (like a room)  can be decorated, is that done via a dm or can you do it with your carpentry kit? If I am wrong and heard wrong or misunderstood, disregard my question, but i would like it clarified. Thanks.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2020, 11:29:26 PM »
Am I understanding that places that are persistent rentals allow you to have a permanently decorated area? Or is that limited to shop fronts and places like the drain/hospice? Have the current retantal areas, like the Tenements and Governor's hotel under the new system now? If rented areas (like a room)  can be decorated, is that done via a dm or can you do it with your carpentry kit? If I am wrong and heard wrong or misunderstood, disregard my question, but i would like it clarified. Thanks.

I believe that EO said at some point the Governor's Hotel and presumably other Inn-like places will be shifted over to the new rental system but haven't been yet.  I assume that means that they'll have similar functionality.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2020, 12:13:23 AM »

I believe that EO said at some point the Governor's Hotel and presumably other Inn-like places will be shifted over to the new rental system but haven't been yet.  I assume that means that they'll have similar functionality.

From what I understand, the Governor's Hotel and Inn-like places will not have the same system, but be adjusted so that they have a similar system. The rental system can currently be adjudicated by the Garda faction if it's found unused; Hotels and the like won't be under Gendarme/Garda authority.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 11:41:48 PM »
In the next update, the legacy rental system used in the Governor's Hotel and Tenements will be replaced with the new one. Unfortunately this will reset all rooms there since ownership cannot be transferred from one system to another.

The following new locations will be available for rentals in Dementlieu, with more to follow in subsequent updates:

-Ballroom of the Governor's Hotel (1 day events)
-Fair Grounds (Fêtes Champêtres) (3 day events)

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2020, 01:34:23 AM »
In the next update, the legacy rental system used in the Governor's Hotel and Tenements will be replaced with the new one. Unfortunately this will reset all rooms there since ownership cannot be transferred from one system to another.

The following new locations will be available for rentals in Dementlieu, with more to follow in subsequent updates:

-Ballroom of the Governor's Hotel (1 day events)
-Fair Grounds (Fêtes Champêtres) (3 day events)

Oooh unfortunate but exciting.

Is there anyway to future book an event location for say a white day ball or wedding?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2020, 10:58:33 PM »
The next update will include the following rentals for Port-à-Lucine:

-3 warehouses in Quartier Marchand
-Another location suitable for underworld roleplay

I'll add another large location in Quartier Marchand in a subsequent update and possibly some store fronts as well to complete the Dementlieu rentals for now.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2020, 03:11:09 AM »
Sorry for the newb question: what happens to stuff inside rented properties? We rented the hospice in Vallaki in active edit: action server, and added a few more containers of our own because we are a group. Since resets are far from uncommon, we are a bit worried about our stuff...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 05:03:21 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2020, 03:19:16 AM »
Sorry for the newb question: what happens to stuff inside rented properties? We rented the hospice in Vallaki in active server, and added a few more containers of our own because we are a group. Since resets are far from uncommon, we are a bit worried about our stuff...

Anything you've built inside a rented property should save and still be there after a reset. Do note however, that anything placed inside containers won't be saved.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2020, 04:08:47 AM »
Sorry for the newb question: what happens to stuff inside rented properties? We rented the hospice in Vallaki in active server, and added a few more containers of our own because we are a group. Since resets are far from uncommon, we are a bit worried about our stuff...

Anything you've built inside a rented property should save and still be there after a reset. Do note however, that anything placed inside containers won't be saved.

... now i understand why someone just make container characters... ill be rushing and get my stuff out those boxes of oblivion

Character List:

Marph - Closured

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2020, 04:47:37 AM »
Container characters? Sounds like muling.

Quote from: Server Rules
- Leaving items/gold for one of your other characters is not permitted, and using one character to acquire the corpse of another of your characters is not allowed either. If you have more than one character on the server, remember they are two different people. Don't let what occurs to and involves the one character transfer to the other. This also includes any way of passing on an item and knowingly acquiring it later with another character.

Tag-teaming with own characters is not allowed. Don't use one character to clear an entire dungeon or parts of an area to then log in with an alternative character to roam the same place. Don't have your character in any way react upon or use knowledge acquired by another of your characters.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2020, 04:57:31 AM »
Container characters? Sounds like muling.

Quote from: Server Rules
- Leaving items/gold for one of your other characters is not permitted, and using one character to acquire the corpse of another of your characters is not allowed either. If you have more than one character on the server, remember they are two different people. Don't let what occurs to and involves the one character transfer to the other. This also includes any way of passing on an item and knowingly acquiring it later with another character.

Tag-teaming with own characters is not allowed. Don't use one character to clear an entire dungeon or parts of an area to then log in with an alternative character to roam the same place. Don't have your character in any way react upon or use knowledge acquired by another of your characters.

not really he same thing, and we are on action server so really... who cares. In any case i went and sold everything i didnt really use in the last months, got str 8 and gotta wise up on the things i really need... I cant remember the stuff i got on me, go figure the stuff i left on another character and where i left it...

Character List:

Marph - Closured

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2020, 05:45:34 AM »
"Container" and "banker" characters that hold stuff for the player's other characters are against the rules here. They fall under the muling rules, however one wants to phrase it.

Maybe the rule does not apply to the action server. I misunderstood and was under the impression we were talking about the main server.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2020, 05:47:56 AM »
"Container" and "banker" characters that hold stuff for the player's other characters are against the rules here. They fall under the muling rules, however one wants to phrase it.

Maybe the rule does not apply to the action server. I misunderstood and was under the impression we were talking about the main server.

got no dogs in this race (i only have one character for the abovementioned reasons, and i plan to keep it this way for a while), but yes we are talking action server, and yes, i sorta understand the reason behind that. if even by paying good money you cant keep your stuff safe then it's understandable that someone might look for a workaround.

EDIT: I have no idea if muling it's allowed/tolerated on action. just saying that i understand where people that do that come from.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 06:44:20 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2020, 03:09:25 PM »
What people normally do is use the warehouse system in Vallaki and Port to create written claim versions of their items, this turns their weight to 0.0 and makes them unusable.

Then you buy boxes, lots of boxes, and stuff them into those so half a page of items are fitting into 2x2 squares.

You can also place those boxes into the storage chests to mass claim or convert all the  writs <-> items within those boxes.

Losing gold is usually a non issue since you dont drop it on death unless you are trying to pick it up. There really isnt a need for any mule characters, so let those folks know so they can save themselves the time of switching characters and rebooting NWN from scratch repeatedly in action, because they really dont have any need to do it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 03:26:11 PM by zDark Shadowz »

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »
Couple of things:

1) I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but there seems to be a "placeables save radius" from the center of an area.  Anything we build or a DM places out toward the fringes of an area seems to get deleted after a crash or reset.  We've been dealing with this ICly saying "the place is haunted," but is there any way to get this corrected?

2) Any chance of boosting the max # of keys for a rental beyond 6?  We've got a good number of people involved now and the activity/RP has been great!

Thanks!
Matticus
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

mappinger

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2020, 12:09:59 PM »
Couple of things:

1) ...We've been dealing with this ICly saying "the place is haunted," but is there any way to get this corrected?

Many years ago, Olga Grosu was one of the last hold outs to be relocated from her home in the Warehouse District when Vallaki city officials decided the area would be exclusively for workshops and storage buildings. After many notices were served, the Garda attempted to enter the house only to find windows and doors barricaded with Olga's excessively collected belongings. In the end they had to break down the door to Olga's house and remove much material to gain entry and force the eviction issue. What they discovered was Olga buried under a fallen pile of her own hoarded heaps. It is said that whoever lives in her house to this day will find their stuff mysteriously taken, perhaps to fuel her need to increase her holdings of junk even in death.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:14:17 PM by mappinger »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »
Couple of things:

1) ...We've been dealing with this ICly saying "the place is haunted," but is there any way to get this corrected?

Many years ago, Olga Grosu was one of the last hold outs to be relocated from her home in the Warehouse District when Vallaki city officials decided the area would be exclusively for workshops and storage buildings. After many notices were served, the Garda attempted to enter the house only to find windows and doors barricaded with Olga's excessively collected belongings. In the end they had to break down the door to Olga's house and remove much material to gain entry and force the eviction issue. What they discovered was Olga buried under a fallen pile of her own hoarded heaps. It is said that whoever lives in her house to this day will find their stuff mysteriously taken, perhaps to fuel her need to increase her holdings of junk even in death.

:D

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.