You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki Garda - Unable to Command to Follow "Vallaki Guards" NPC's  (Read 717 times)

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
Bug: When I use the faction tool to try to get normal Vallaki Guard NPC's to follow me, I am prompted with this:

Where: Anywhere in Vallaki, Citadel and Slums/Outskirts alike

What: If you're mechanically a Private before the update you were able to use the faction tool command to follow 1 NPC guard, be it a "Vallaki Guard Recruit" or "Vallaki Guard", however now we're now (Other PC Guards with the same mechanical rank are experiencing the same issue) prompted with the above message if we use "Command to follow" with the faction tool.

Here's my faction rank for reference (The tool currently clicked on a NPC Vallaki Guard is the "Faction info for target":

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Vallaki Garda - Unable to Command to Follow "Vallaki Guards" NPC's
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 07:35:31 PM »
Can you command recruits?
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 07:44:39 PM »
Can you command recruits?

Correct, but I can no longer command Vallaki Guard NPC's after the server update, not the only one experiencing that who has the faction rank of Private.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »
It's not actually an error. The way the system is set up you should never have been able to command a Private, but we messed up and didn't set the faction variable on the Privates properly (or, for that matter, on the Captain or any other NPC) meaning you could command any NPC at all when you weren't supposed to. EO fixed this in a recent update.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 08:54:39 PM »
Back some six years ago when I had a garda, we were unable to command NPC's of the same rank or above as well. Seems like something just bugged down the line to allow it.