Author Topic: Connection to the server.  (Read 1330 times)

Gleb

• New to the Mists
Connection to the server.
« on: December 23, 2019, 02:15:58 PM »
I want to try playing on this server, but I can not connect to the server. I bought game in Steam, downloaded the CEP and Ravenloft POTM main download from steam workshop, and pasted it in "Neverwinter Nights" folder in my "Documents" folder. I see in the game a lot of servers including Ravenloft POTM Action server, but don't see the main server. When I try to make a direct connection to 46.4.59.55:5123, I get next message: "Connection to server has failed. Connection error: server is not responding". What am I doing wrong? Please, help me with this problem.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:18:37 PM by Gleb »

Glass Cannon

• Dark Power
  • Friendly Merchant
Re: Connection to the server.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »
If you see the Action server, I think that means your NWN version is the most recent one; but we're using the oldstable version for the "classic" server.

To change, go to Steam, your NWN game entry, right-click to select Properties; then go to the BETAS tab. From there, select "oldstable" in the drop down.

You'll revert back to that version and when you re-connect, you should be able to see the "classic" server.
"Aristocrats and criminals have a lot in common. They’re both selfish, get bored easily, and have access to wads of cash they didn’t have to work honestly to get. The topper? Neither have any interest in bourgeois rules or morality."

Gleb

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »
Thank you, my problem was solved with your help. But i got new problem: since i entered the game second time, my character does not render (absolutely invisible).

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 04:36:30 AM »
If you see the Action server, I think that means your NWN version is the most recent one; but we're using the oldstable version for the "classic" server.

To change, go to Steam, your NWN game entry, right-click to select Properties; then go to the BETAS tab. From there, select "oldstable" in the drop down.

You'll revert back to that version and when you re-connect, you should be able to see the "classic" server.
Ah - many thanks - I had the same problem. :thumbup:

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 07:48:09 AM »
Thank you, my problem was solved with your help. But i got new problem: since i entered the game second time, my character does not render (absolutely invisible).

Youll need to select a character origin/background (from your rest menu I think? Or the self crafting menu, one of the two)