You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Connection to the server.  (Read 248 times)

Gleb

• New to the Mists
Connection to the server.
« on: December 23, 2019, 02:15:58 PM »
I want to try playing on this server, but I can not connect to the server. I bought game in Steam, downloaded the CEP and Ravenloft POTM main download from steam workshop, and pasted it in "Neverwinter Nights" folder in my "Documents" folder. I see in the game a lot of servers including Ravenloft POTM Action server, but don't see the main server. When I try to make a direct connection to 46.4.59.55:5123, I get next message: "Connection to server has failed. Connection error: server is not responding". What am I doing wrong? Please, help me with this problem.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:18:37 PM by Gleb »

Glass Cannon

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
Re: Connection to the server.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »
If you see the Action server, I think that means your NWN version is the most recent one; but we're using the oldstable version for the "classic" server.

To change, go to Steam, your NWN game entry, right-click to select Properties; then go to the BETAS tab. From there, select "oldstable" in the drop down.

You'll revert back to that version and when you re-connect, you should be able to see the "classic" server.

Gleb

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »
Thank you, my problem was solved with your help. But i got new problem: since i entered the game second time, my character does not render (absolutely invisible).

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 04:36:30 AM »
If you see the Action server, I think that means your NWN version is the most recent one; but we're using the oldstable version for the "classic" server.

To change, go to Steam, your NWN game entry, right-click to select Properties; then go to the BETAS tab. From there, select "oldstable" in the drop down.

You'll revert back to that version and when you re-connect, you should be able to see the "classic" server.
Ah - many thanks - I had the same problem. :thumbup:

currently I run:
-: Where Black Roses Root :-
-: Curse of the Wolf :-
-: The Curse of von Zeklos :-

zDark Shadowz

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 07:48:09 AM »
Thank you, my problem was solved with your help. But i got new problem: since i entered the game second time, my character does not render (absolutely invisible).

Youll need to select a character origin/background (from your rest menu I think? Or the self crafting menu, one of the two)
Currently playing Karaz Steel, the Knave with the Glaive.