Author Topic: Detailed list of changes - Hak update 2_22  (Read 5563 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Detailed list of changes - Hak update 2_22
« on: December 19, 2019, 09:17:01 AM »
Here is a list of the main changes to come with the new hak update. All these should be tested:

Spell Changes:
-Changed the description of Greater Stoneskin to properly indicate it's an Abjuration spell, not Transmutation.
-Added two new spells: Protection from Curses and Mass Protection from Curses (+4 vs Curses).
-Updated Augment Healing to use the spell level rather than the innate level to calculate how much extra healing is applied.

Feat Changes:
-Added the following feats: Lunatic, Skill Focus (Disguise), Epic Skill Focus (Disguise), Charlatan and Recognize Imposter.
-Made slight revisions to Unorthodox Flurry and Flurry of Blows' descriptions, replaced references to kamas to references to monk weapons.
-Add racial feats for the subraces added recently (Fire Gnome, Frost Dwarf, Axani, Celadrin)
-Made Back to the Wall apply very quickly in combat.
-Updated the prerequisites to Shrouded Dance.

Skill Changes:
-Added the Disguise skill, which will be countered by Spot.

Class Changes & Fixes:
-Changed the way AC is given to Dwarven Defenders so it's base AC instead of "natural" AC, it will now stack with all forms of AC.
-Revised the order in which feats are given to Dwarven Defenders: Uncanny Dodge at level 4 and Improved Uncanny Dodge at level 6.
-Added new metallic wyrmling shapes for shifters.
-Added Disguise as a class skill to the following classes: Assassin, Bard, People's Champion, Rogue, Shadowdancer, Shifter.
-Updated the prerequisites for assassins to also need 4 Disguise as per PnP

Miscellaneous Changes:
-Changed whips and flintlocks so they can be dual-wielded.
-Changed muskets so they can no longer be dual-wielded (though a secondary item can still be equipped)
-Changed the damage types for Falchion, Maug Double Sword, Mercurial Longsword and Mercurial Greatsword from Piercing-Slashing to Slashing (was a bug).
-Added a new helm (194).
-Removed a buggy helmet appearance that caused crashes; the helm should now work properly (helm_028)
-Added new creature appearances, doors and placeables (egyptian content and skeletons)
-Added new religious themed placeables and items (shields 248, 249 and 250 and holdable amulets)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 09:18:19 AM by EO »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Detailed list of changes - Hak update 2_21
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 11:01:55 AM »
New/Changed Feats

Charlatan
Spoiler: show
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: None.
Specifics: The character is adept at fooling people. He knows how to tell them just what they want to hear. The character gets a +2 bonus on Influence and Disguise checks.
Use: Automatic.

Lunatic
Prerequisite: None.
Specifics: The character's mind and body are tied to the cycles of the moon, making him more energetic and excitable as the moon waxes. This effect may be the result of subtle madness or a diluted supernatural heritage, such as Vistani blood. The character has a +1 bonus to all attack rolls, Fortitude and Reflex saves, and Charisma modified skill checks whenever the moon is gibbous (more than half full). This bonus rises to +2 during the three-night period of the full moon. During the four-night period of the new moon, the character suffers a -2 penalty to these rolls instead. The modifiers are reversed for Will saves: +2 during the new moon, -1 during the gibbous moon, and -2 during the full moon. This is a supernatural effect that affects the character day and night.

Recognize Imposter
Prerequisite: Spot 3 ranks.
Specifics: The character is extremely skilled at spotting imposters. He receives a +4 bonus on Spot checks to oppose Disguise checks.

Shrouded Dance
Prerequisite: Skill Focus (Hide), Skill Focus (Perform), Hide 12 ranks, Perform 10 ranks.
Specifics: The character can seem to be where he isn't. Once per day, as a quick action, he can attempt a DC 30 Hide check. If he succeeds, the character gains 50% concealment for one round and instantly hides in plain sight as if he had the feat.
Use: Selected.

New Skill

Disguise
Ability: Charisma.
Requires Training: No.
Classes: All.

Disguise allows the character to disguise their name and description to assume a new identity. For every five ranks in this skill (not including Charisma bonus or other modifiers) the character can store one disguise, and then apply one with a single command.

Check: The character must succeed at an opposed test against an observing creature's Spot check (using the Examine function). Failure means the observing creature has identified the character's true identity.
Special: 5 or more ranks in Influence grants a +1 synergy bonus on Disguise checks. 5 or more ranks in Perform grants a +1 synergy bonus on Disguise checks. Disguise does not allow a character to look like another race. Disguise does not allow a character to assume another player or non-player character's identity unless approved by a Dungeon Master.
Use: Type @disguise help in the chat bar to view all Disguise commands.

New Spells

Protection from Curses
Spell Level: Cleric 2; Paladin 2; Wizard / Sorcerer 2
Innate Level: 2
School: Abjuration
Descriptor(s):
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Touch
Area of Effect / Target: Single
Duration: 1 Hour + 1 Hour / Level
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: None
Spell Resistance: No

When this spell is cast, the caster chooses a target to be protected from curses. The difficulty class of curse checks made against the target is lowered by 4 for the duration of this spell.

Mass Protection from Curses
Spell Level: Cleric 4; Paladin 4; Wizard / Sorcerer 4
Innate Level: 4
School: Abjuration
Descriptor(s):
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Short
Area of Effect / Target: Huge
Duration: 1 Hour + 1 Hour / Level
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: None
Spell Resistance: No

All allies within the area of effect are protected from curses. The difficulty class of curse checks made against them is lowered by 4 for the duration of this spell.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 09:18:53 AM by EO »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Re: Detailed list of changes - Hak update 2_22
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »
Some thoughts and questions on disguise.

It will be similar to hide/move silently in that you will need at least 20 ranks in it before you can use it, because anyone can roll a d20 for spot and get lucky rolls. People will stand there spamming examine (or whatever mechanic it is to break a disguise) until they get a lucky roll. Will there be a cooldown on trying to pierce a disguise? And, will there be disguise gear that also has hide/ms on it? Or are people going to have to decide between if they want to stealth or if they want a disguise?

An idea to help out low level underworld characters, can you program it so only people with invested points into spot can make rolls to break a disguise? That way people need to at least invest a point, rather than every single person can make a d20 roll to try and beat some level 5 character's disguise.

Will there be some sort of identification that a character is disguised, such as a tag next to their name? If so, it might be good to make a ruling in the rules subforum on whether or not the disguise tag is IC. By that I mean, there will be people who see a disguised tag, and will RP that the disguised character is trying to hide something, and will target them specifically to try and find ways to RP force the character to break the disguise. Basically, a situation where someone can't mechanically break it with spot, so they use the meta-information of a tag to find reasons to harass a disguised character. For example, demanding they lower their hood/remove their helmet, even if several other people in the area have hoods or helmets on and are not being asked to lower them. If you rule that the disguise tag is IC, this is fine. If the disguised tag is not IC, this becomes metagaming. It's a very important distinction to make that changes how people approach and RP disguises.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 01:05:07 PM »
It will be similar to hide/move silently in that you will need at least 20 ranks in it before you can use it, because anyone can roll a d20 for spot and get lucky rolls. People will stand there spamming examine (or whatever mechanic it is to break a disguise) until they get a lucky roll. Will there be a cooldown on trying to pierce a disguise? And, will there be disguise gear that also has hide/ms on it? Or are people going to have to decide between if they want to stealth or if they want a disguise?

There will be a cooldown period between spot checks to pierce a disguise. We'll implement gear following our regular guidelines; some may or may not also have Hide/MS bonuses.

An idea to help out low level underworld characters, can you program it so only people with invested points into spot can make rolls to break a disguise? That way people need to at least invest a point, rather than every single person can make a d20 roll to try and beat some level 5 character's disguise.

We could but for now we've chosen to have it work like Hide/MS.

Will there be some sort of identification that a character is disguised, such as a tag next to their name? If so, it might be good to make a ruling in the rules subforum on whether or not the disguise tag is IC. By that I mean, there will be people who see a disguised tag, and will RP that the disguised character is trying to hide something, and will target them specifically to try and find ways to RP force the character to break the disguise. Basically, a situation where someone can't mechanically break it with spot, so they use the meta-information of a tag to find reasons to harass a disguised character. For example, demanding they lower their hood/remove their helmet, even if several other people in the area have hoods or helmets on and are not being asked to lower them. If you rule that the disguise tag is IC, this is fine. If the disguised tag is not IC, this becomes metagaming. It's a very important distinction to make that changes how people approach and RP disguises.

There will be no "Disguised" tag next to the name.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 01:08:46 PM »
Thank you for the information! I look forward to seeing how the system works.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »
Is " Epic Skill Focus (Disguise)" meant to be there, or is it a typo?  If it is meant to be there, does this mean other skills will get an Epic Skill Focus treatment as well in the future? 

I didn't think there were epic things of any variety on the server, is why I'm asking. It will be a big "Wow, I'm blind/dumb" moment, for sure.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:12:07 PM by Kaninchen »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »
Is " Epic Skill Focus (Disguise)" meant to be there, or is it a typo?  If it is meant to be there, does this mean other skills will get an Epic Skill Focus treatment as well in the future?

It's still not accessible to players but like all other skills we added all relevant feats.

Devil's Moon

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Master
  • Master of Stars
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »
How would dual-wielding flintlocks work exactly?

I can imagine it's intended to have a 1h melee weapon and a pistol in the off-hand but does it apply parry AC in that case due to the presence of a melee weapon? Are there penalties to AB on the pistol in the off-hand? Any synergy with the reloading feats, or possibility to dual wield flintlocks on their own?

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 06:24:44 PM »
I'm kind of hoping this means I can finally wield a pistol and rapier, which is the most thematic.

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
I'm kind of hoping this means I can finally wield a pistol and rapier, which is the most thematic.

I first produced my pistol, I then produced my rapier, saying "Stand and deliver!" for he wore a bold deceiver.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 08:03:08 PM »
What's the Lunatic feat do?  :twisted:
: )

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »

I first produced my pistol, I then produced my rapier, saying "Stand and deliver!" for he wore a bold deceiver.

Musha rain dum a doo, dum a da

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 05:48:57 AM »
What does that augment healing change mean? Spell level vs inate level?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 09:12:18 AM »
What does that augment healing change mean? Spell level vs inate level?

If you look at the top two lines of a spell description, the first is the spell level as cast by the caster, the second is the innate level the spell is cast at. Ex:

Regenerate Light Wounds
Spell Level: Cleric 2; Druid 1
Innate Level: 1

Initially Augment Healing was based off the Innate level but I changed it so it now is based on the Spell level. In this example, a cleric would heal 2 extra points because of it for this spell. I changed the scripts already but the description didn't reflect that change.

What's the Lunatic feat do?  :twisted:

Added the feat description to the feats list.

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 09:35:04 AM »
Added the feat description to the feats list.

Woah that is quite a feat... makes for interesting role play that's for sure. Perfect for a werewolf.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2019, 09:47:27 AM »
The description I saw for the Lunatic feat listed Chaotic alignment as a requirement.

This includes in what appears to be the 3rd Edition sourcebook PDF I just found online (not linking because of copyright).

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2019, 09:56:52 AM »
The description I saw for the Lunatic feat listed Chaotic alignment as a requirement.

This includes in what appears to be the 3rd Edition sourcebook PDF I just found online (not linking because of copyright).

Yeah in PnP you need to be Chaotic but there’s no way to implement that in NwN.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2019, 11:08:32 AM »
On those classes with Disguise I dont see Ranger as one of them. I believe A Ranger would benefit from this skill especially going Urban or Grimtrekker than Druid and/or People's Champion which is more suitable for a Blackgaurd than anything. Druids already can polymorph and are indistinguishable from their human aspect. Where as Rangers literally use camo and disguises to trek through urban and nature areas in their pursuits. Can this be looked into?
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2019, 11:11:14 AM »
On those classes with Disguise I dont see Ranger as one of them. I believe A Ranger would benefit from this skill especially going Urban or Grimtrekker than Druid and/or People's Champion which is more suitable for a Blackgaurd than anything. Druids already can polymorph and are indistinguishable from their human aspect. Where as Rangers literally use camo and disguises to trek through urban and nature areas in their pursuits. Can this be looked into?

What you're describing there is stealth, rather than disguise, which is more akin to performance. 

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
Indeed, camouflage is stealth.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Hallvor Hadiya

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2019, 11:15:52 AM »
Will polymorph/shapechange and other form specific spells offer any bonuses to disguise?
Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2019, 04:56:48 PM »

What you're describing there is stealth, rather than disguise, which is more akin to performance.

Then why not use Perform instead? Or at least give Disguise to all classes?

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
Indeed, camouflage is stealth.

Its a Stealthy Disguise.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2019, 05:10:34 PM »
Stealth is not being seen or noticed. Disguise is being seen and/or noticed but appearing to be someone else entirely. It's really not that difficult.
: )

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2019, 05:29:52 PM »
Will not having the Lunatic feat be expected to have any effect on those choosing to roleplay a Half-Vistana character's Lunatio phases?