You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Stackable Traps, Except Enhanced™  (Read 660 times)

Yesper

Stackable Traps, Except Enhanced™
« on: January 18, 2020, 03:40:56 PM »
I've done a bit of searching and would like to revisit this topic now that we are on the Enhanced Edition. To preface this, I am defining stackable traps as traps that stack within the player's inventory. I find my trapper wandering around with a constantly filling inventory which tends to make managing it all incredibly difficult. If the traps that characters recovered and/or purchased were stackable, it would make recovering traps much more attractive -and- alleviate a huge amount of frustration for a character that tends to wander around with a "full toolbelt".

Is this a possibility within the revamped engine, or are the roadblocks for implementing this change still in place? And if the latter is the case, out of curiosity, what specifically are the limitations of the engine and what alternatives have already been discussed? (This is for the sake of discussion since I tend to think out loud in general and do not want to repeat ideas that have already been pitched)

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
Re: Stackable Traps, Except Enhanced™
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 04:29:26 PM »
Cool suggestion!

I'm not sure if vanilla traps can be stacked (though I'll do some digging to figure out), however, the server's crafted traps might be a little easier to work with. One possibility might be to store the traps as a variable on another item, similar to how we store herbs and alchemy materials in pouchs and flasks. Perhaps call it a trappers tool kit or something.

I think this might be an interesting way to differentiate between the vanilla traps which are generally stronger damage and dc vs. crafted traps which offer greater utility.

Ultimately though, it will require developer interest and consenus to implement.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 04:31:04 PM by BadStrref »

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Stackable Traps, Except Enhanced™
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 06:48:47 PM »
Yeah I agree, would be cool. If vanilla traps just wont a new item that does the same should be able to I think? Gotta get someone passionate enough about it to do the job though  :lol:
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar