You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Lost racial modifiers: Sun Elf  (Read 1714 times)

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
Lost racial modifiers: Sun Elf
« on: December 08, 2019, 06:41:55 AM »
Background
  • Character was created mid 2012.
  • Character's race is sun elf, the settingless kind: Standard elven modifiers.
  • This loss happened once I leveled about 2-3 weeks ago.

I would very much like to have my stats adjusted back with +2 dex and -2 con.

If a Dev wants sceenshots of my stats or anything else please DM me on Discord.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:44:24 AM by WingsOfStardust »
"What is a day, without  a blessed night?
And what is peace, without a blessed fight?"

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Lost racial modifiers: Sun Elf
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 09:46:53 AM »
Sun Elves are only available to Forgotten Realms characters, so if you picked that subrace, your character is from Toril. As such, they get +2 Int, -2 Con, which is why they don't get the +2 Dex (it's negated). This is nothing new.

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 09:49:37 AM »
Sun Elves are only available to Forgotten Realms characters, so if you picked that subrace, your character is from Toril. As such, they get +2 Int, -2 Con, which is why they don't get the +2 Dex (it's negated). This is nothing new.

However, I literally had 14 dex and 14 con for the last 7 years until a month ago. Do I have to request a rebuild to fix this? It kinda messes up the way I have built my character.

PS. Are you entirely certain it was so 7 years ago?

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 10:29:03 AM »
Because I have set my parry to be exactly 20, when in armor, based on my DEX. My parry is now 19 when in armor, which means I have lost 1 AC from DEX and another point of AC due to the loss of parry. The whole point of the armor I have is to allow 16 Dex which I could reach by a single use of abyssal might or a dex buff. Now I'm 4 dex away from reaching that.

So I am not sure what caused it, but I am absolutely sure that my dex score has changed. And likewise, my con as I have stated above.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 10:50:04 AM »
Did you pick the sun elf subrace from the menu on character creation in the race picking menu thing? Or were you technically the default elf (moon elf) the whole time. Maybe a DM or script came by recently and said "Sun elf? Well, I'll give you sun elf then."  :P

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 10:59:18 AM »
Did you pick the sun elf subrace from the menu on character creation in the race picking menu thing? Or were you technically the default elf (moon elf) the whole time. Maybe a DM or script came by recently and said "Sun elf? Well, I'll give you sun elf then."  :P

You know, I'm actually not sure about that one. All I remember is that I picked something that would give me the usual modifiers. Even that aside, I know what my abilities have looked for the last 7 years not to mention how my current build is literally made to account for those stats. I am not sure what caused it, I just want it to be reverted. That +2 dex is important.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 11:57:37 AM »

However, I literally had 14 dex and 14 con for the last 7 years until a month ago. Do I have to request a rebuild to fix this? It kinda messes up the way I have built my character.

Yes, I actually even had a look at version 1.58c of the module (dating 2007) and it was like that then as well.

What level/class are you specifically?

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 12:14:12 PM »

I'll give you the information on Discord.

Yes, I actually even had a look at version 1.58c of the module (dating 2007) and it was like that then as well.

What level/class are you specifically?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 11:00:24 AM »
I've found the issue and will fix it; it's related to the class you are rather than a bug with the subrace itself.

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
I've found the issue and will fix it; it's related to the class you are rather than a bug with the subrace itself.

Wee! \o/

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »
This is fixed on the test server, I encourage you to check there.