You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Ashes to Ashes  (Read 981 times)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Ashes to Ashes
« on: November 02, 2019, 09:11:14 AM »

Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
Burnt Offerings, 1
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 09:35:25 AM »

"Oh, but he was just a young domn. A young, foolish boy that wanted to woo my stupid sister. His future was so bright, I was told. He was able of body and aspired to be one of the good ones at the Citadel. Such a pity that Vallaki boy came to my door. When I knew he would have told others what he had seen, there was little choice left, and the iron candle stick struck the back of his skull with the same crack wood makes when it is cut for winter. I dragged his body to our cellar and put him with the preserves while my sisters and I figured out what to do with it. That, I believe, is why when I crawled from the putrid ashes of our home - my shallow grave - that I only had to dig so far to find his charcoal body. One eye untouched and staring at me with pitiful, stupid, iadul naivety. 
     They should pay. My beautiful home! The home my father built! the home they took for granted when they did not find domns to put children in their bellies, the home that they filled with their vanity and lust and lazy bones! My sisters, my family, ashes in that ruin of my perfect home. I pulled that boy's corpse from the ash with myself, and brought it back to Vallaki where it belonged. But, before that, I plucked it's eye and left it to stare at the church of fools and cultists. Burn the Witches, they cried. Burn the witches, I heard as their smoke suffocated me, as my eyes became wet and dry and blinded. As those fool sisters of mine clung to my frail body for protection and I could do nothing to save us.
     Burn the Witch.
     Very well, Vallaki. Vengeance is my recourse now. My sisters will rise! But every day that they sleep in fire and ash and soot and forgotteness, I shall leave you my burnt offerings, for I have not but hatred for you in the husk of my soul, where burns an eternal pyre of grief and suffering that which you caused me. Yes, Vallaki.
     You shall burn.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
Burnt Offerings, 2
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »

"Mysterious immortji, oh how I bow to you, servant of the Tattered Prince. Your assistance was an unexpected joy, if fleeting, in all my hatred and rage. The mortals would serve to deliver my message - by hand. If they are wise, they will do as I had bid them, unlike the last messenger who lost a hand for the insufferable petulance. Where is my nephew? Where are my sisters? Why did no one come to our aid when our home burned and we within it?
     My wrath is a sea of endless storms, poised to consume Vallaki in an inferno of it's own making. 

Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
Re: Ashes to Ashes
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:49:28 PM »

"Zenobia has risen. Perhaps in life I would have been joyful, perhaps in death I should have been glad. I am only full of disdain and hatred and anger now and the sight of her boils my bones. Still, she is useful. Now, we seek out Aurika, and we will have our vengeance on the Gray City. After digging through the soft ashy mud of our home's ruins, we failed to find her corpse. Could she have fled? Where is my incompetent nephew now?
    Perhaps he, too, was behind our deaths. Perhaps they were in it together.  I long for the day that I return the favor. Ashes will rain upon the valley and I will send my sisters with it, when I am done with them. It was always their fault, wasn't it? Always their doing! I would have died in my bed as an older woman if not for them. I may have even been married if they were not there to be better options! No, it is not my fate to be taken down by their mistakes. I will raise above it, and tread on their ashes.

Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
Re: Ashes to Ashes
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 03:28:26 PM »

"I have searched far and wide for Aurika's body. I wonder now if she ever died at all. Did she betray us? Did she escape unharmed? Her magic was advancing, she may have even healed herself and let us die - but this is impossible. She must be found. I have dug up all the burned women I could find from border to border in this country, and brought them home. They have made servants, but non have proven to be Aurika. The more I search, the more I realize time has passed, she could have lived her life free of us and died long ago an old woman in her bed. That whore!
     I must take more drastic actions. I will need to use my knowledge of the Amber Wastes to recruit living servants now. Perhaps then, and only then, will Aurika face the justice that must be served.

-O-

This was the last entry in the Grimoire of Hortense Brāncoveanu. Her book was left in her lair, an old house on a hill deep in the Sullen Woods, and likely recovered by the second angry mob to murder her in her existence. Her death, with no last words, leaves only her sister Zenobia to avenge the family name now, and mars the hands of all involved in way or another - be it guilt, cold blood, or any other number of recourse. Her anger survives her, and lingers in the Sullen Woods as befittingly as the gnarled trees themselves, or the unholy shadows that roam it. Perhaps she herself is now one of those shadows, one of those things that go bump in the night and scare children in of doors when the gates begin to close. Perhaps no one will ever know truly why Hortense rose from the shallow grave so full of rage or what she was building towards. Or perhaps, they do, and the chill of it will haunt them for as long as they remember the time ...

... that Hortense Brāncoveanu rose from the dead.

The End.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:31:41 PM by Tycat »
Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins