You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Irredeemable - Crescent Brackenhill  (Read 901 times)

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
Irredeemable - Crescent Brackenhill
« on: July 17, 2019, 01:35:01 PM »
7/17

Being held by Max again feels so good. It has been almost three months since our execution, A day since I have been maimed by the Organ. Vashan has become what I once worshiped on his demand; Though is that different than when I first began to seek him out? I still get the cravings to seek him out in the illfated hope that he might feed from me again, to feel that rush of his teeth sinking in to my flesh....I need to fight these thoughts. Even if she betrayed us in the end Rhea did do what she promised she would do. She gave us protection from Vashan and the Organ, though it involved us being dead for quite a length of time. I will not let this second chance slip by, I can not, this is for Max as much as it is for me. I betrayed a god for her and we are to be wed soon. I hope I get to take her name.

Max has spoken with Dextan, she knows what her path to redemption is to be. She seeks to become closer to the land, she was raised by druids it makes sense for her. I do not think it will be quite as simple for myself. I threw away Torm when Vashan demanded it of me. I used to be such putty in his hands. I would have done anything for him. Max was even willing to follow me in to his clutches had I not realized my errors. I needed to throw away Vecna as I did Torm. To betray two gods as I have, is there a hope for me? I had carved "No-one is beyond Redemption" in my armor as a reminder for when I grow weak in my resolve but is that just me being overly wishful? I wish to leave this darkness but I am lost.

Before she betrayed us Rhea offered me the chance to flee to Ezra's arms for protection and redemption but she said that Max had become "Legion" and I would have to cut ties with her. I could never do that. What god would even grant me their blessings as I am sure they know of my betrayals, half of barovia knows of my betrayals. A man I met in the mist camp, Sir Lucien Winterstar, suggested I speak to a cleric. I only know of Hjoldrum and I do not think the faith of the dwarfs is my path to redeeming myself in the eyes of the divine....

Maybe Hypatia is right, maybe I do not deserve the second chance.
Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
Re: Irredeemable - Crescent Vinnhill
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
[A story and a prayer are written in the pages]

There once was a young girl, she was a good girl and did as she was asked of her parents. She grew up in a nice home in Toril. It was expected of her to go to battle or to serve the church. It was her duty. The girl did not question this lot in life. Her parents where good people, of course they knew what was best for her. The girl was trained from an early age to fight and of her chosen faith.

Years went by and the girl learned and trained as was expected of her. There was a young man acolyte from her faith that she cared deeply for. The girl was scared to approach him, what if she was wrong? What would her parents thing? How would the faith see two clerics to be fraternizing as such. The girl decided to let these feelings hide within her, it was not her place to make that choice, if it was to be Torm would send a sign.

As she neared the end of her acolyteship the girl was asked to travel to a larger temple for her final lessons. On the way there the girl's caravan got lost and the girl separated from it. She wandered the woods until she found a camp of traveling merchants. She stayed with them for a few days hoping her caravan would come. It never did. She decided to try and travel to a nearby city that the merchants mentioned. They warned the girl that the way was dangerous but the girl did not listen. She had Torm as her armor and shield. On her travels she was beset by wolves. When she thought hope was gone a handsome  dark hair man swooped in and saved her. He asked for only one thing for saving her, a kiss. The girl hesitated but eventually agreed.

The girl melted in the embrace. It was the first choice that was truly hers and it felt so good. By the time she came back to reality the man was gone. The girl needed the man, to feel that again. She searched for days and when she thought that all hope was lost she found him again. She spoke with the man, and again he had one request to give the girl that feeling again. Her holy symbol. This time there was no hesitation, she knew her choice had to be right. She handed it off to the man swiftly falling in to his arms.

Again the girl felt bliss. This time the man did not leave when they where done. Instead he stayed and offered the girl come with him. There was no question in her mind as to the right answer. She followed. When they arrived at the man's home she was ordered that she would see to the cleaning and making sure he was comfortable and if he was pleased she would be granted occasional gifts. 

At first this was fine for the girl, her instincts couldn't have been wrong, it felt so right. But as time wore on she saw less and less of the sun. Working endless hours hand and foot for the man. There where others who worked for the man and they told the girl that all was well. That this was the correct choice. The girl's work became sloppy and she would spend hours staring out the window.

One day during her time dreaming out the window she saw a beautiful huntress. The girl would day dream of this beautiful huntress, of frolicking in the sun with her. Eventually the girl grew tired of slaving for this man who was more interested in himself. So she hatched a plan. She would speak with the rat and the rat would make a distraction. The rat was hesitant but eventually agreed.

The rat distracted the man and his other servants as the dawn came and the girl ran out to meet her beautiful huntress for the first time, no barriers between them.

I have made mistakes in my choices
But I know that each one has guided me to you my lord
Give me the wisdom to not fall back in to my naivety
Give me the knowledge when people are abusing my good will
Give me the strength to remove those from my life
Pelor's warmth and light guide me as I illuminate the dark so others may learn from my mistakes
Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted