Author Topic: The Concealed Opus of Vindication ~ Veronika Anne  (Read 1290 times)

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
The Concealed Opus of Vindication ~ Veronika Anne
« on: November 02, 2019, 02:02:35 AM »
The Personal Journal of Veronika "Ron" Anne

[The hand writing this is slightly sloppy as if the writer is inebriated]
Day two of my vacation, I have not stopped drinking since my assistant, guest and I arrived and it has been lovely. It is liberating to be surrounded by music, forms of inebriation and lose women constantly along with my lovely personal guest. This time to recharge will be good for my drive, especially after the highly successful Blood Brawl. It may be the Absinthe talking but I believe my leaving the Theater in Port was for the best at the time; It has given me the chance to step back and realize what is important. I was not ready at the time to be the star of the theater at that time; I was chained, controlled by my fear.

I cried when I left Port-a-Lucine. I left that meeting with the Secretary barely keeping my emotions together. I had thought my dreams dead, burned like my parents on a pyre. Vallaki has proven to give me opportunities that have made it obvious; I was not ready for what that would have presented me. I let my true self hide too much there, trying to be the person I thought they wanted me to be and that was deemed "not fit" for nobles. I had brought life to that theater after the Maîtresse's passing, a pulse it had not had since my leaving as well. It is obvious to me the Jalaberts do not deserve the building they own and the prestige of the performances it can achieve. On my parent's grave I will see that the Jalabert's lose what they do not deserve. ~ Ron
Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
Re: The Concealed Opus of Vindication ~ Veronika Anne
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 10:55:02 PM »
[The writers hand somehow seems more intoxicated than the previous entry]

Why does this vacation have to end? Valenthe has been a true treasure as has Katerina, I am going to be happy with them around the wound. [the hand trails off in some indescribable script and some poorly drawn lewd drawings ]

Why does nothing seem to happen unless my hand guides it? Such was the way in Port and so it seems it will be with the theater back in the Grey City. If I want to prove that the Jalabert family had made a grave mistake in not allowing my rightful ascension to manager and guiding vision of that theater. Even in my intoxicated state I have been able to fix the problems with the Blood of Ravens script and should be able to start casting soon, about a month later than I would have liked but still better than never and still before the Jalabert's sinking ship. I will make sure this production gets off the ground if I have the bank roll the entire project myself. Hopefully Chantalyn will actually be a partner in this like we had agreed on.

Work on my own play goes slowly but that is to be expected with such lovely distractions as I have at my disposal at the moment and I don't have to pay for them either. Nice to not have to go to the merriment or nymph for the arts.

My other project despite it's setback should be achieved soon, the performance didn't go as expected the first time but after [the text is smeared] I think I know the errors made and can achieve the key to my vindication, or at least that is what I believe it to be

~Ron

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 10:44:24 AM »
I had a nightmare last night or perhaps a dream. I was back home in Nova Vaasa, my old slum in Kantora. The Lawgivers where hunting for me they knew of my violations to their laws. My fraternization with humans, elves and dwarves. My sinful ways of who I lay with and my love of alcohol and other intoxicants. I ran as I did before but this time, I tripped on a discarded staff. They tied and bound me as they brought me to the center of the slum. I would burn for my crimes and be an example of those who oppose the lawgiver.

I was set upon the familiar stake as where my teacher and parents before. I could smell the fire of torches coming before there was a loud crash of gunshots. I never saw the specifics of who they where but there was three shadowy figures, one the same size as me, another had long ears and the other a large axe. They cut me from the stake as the three of us overtook the lawgivers, gaining their torches. I watched as the shadowy figures started to light buildings ablaze. I hesitated a moment before placing mine at the foot of a clothing store. I looked up to see the name on the sign. It said in faded letters "Lucie's Boutique" as I woke up

I am ready to take on the core. The name Ron Anne will not be forgot as I tear down the expectations of a gnome and show that my creative vision is to be respected. I heard of a splinter faction of lawgivers being around Vallaki recently, if I find them they will know the pain I felt. ~ Ron

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 10:04:05 PM »
I like people, I don't think that can be claimed that I don't. I enjoy watching the comings and goings around Vallaki but today has put a bit of a strain on this. The racism I witnessed today was disgusting. Knowing that if I was born with a deformity I would be faced with the same insults and threats thrown at me. No better than the nobles of port. Link my link these chains will be torn apart, as long as one of us are oppressed we all are.

What world WOULD I build?

~Ron

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »
"Well aren't we proud of ourselves little Veronika. Building a legacy for your parents while you revel in your vanity and your me first attitude you've had since childhood? All this talk about doing right for others and what for? To give you leverage for vindication against people who do not even care if you exist anymore? They do not give a second though of the gnome that turned them down and you know it Veronica."

"We have agreed to an accord and we will see it through. The Jalaberts will suffer for the indignity they caused us. They will kneel at our feet."

"Will they now? And how do you expect to do such a thing from so far away? They are not here in Vallaki. They will not know of what success you bring that bar you are a puppet for. Quite the step down for the "Best musician in Barovia" don't you think. You could have been the queen of the arts in port instead you get newly misted drunk and show up musicians who are just starting out.

"You do not start a piece of music at the end. If we are to embarrass the Jalabert we need to show that we can bring success to this grey place. Once culture is brought here we move on to other locations, show that the theatre in port is nothing without the right figure head, without me, without us"

"And you choose to do this under someone else's boot? What kind of figure head of a theatre would let their best friend and body guard die like you lead Avana to Veronika? She would be alive still if it wasn't for you. What was it you said to her when that undead monstrosity came to the gates? "I can not lose another person I care for" Was that it Veronika? Admit it, you only care about yourself. Not the arts, not the newly misted. Just Veronika Anne Maybritt. You are a two-faced sham of a person and you know it Veronika"

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 08:57:15 PM »
A blind eye has been turned too often, a family who cares not for their sister is not a family. They will burn like the Jalaberts