Author Topic: A Rough Leather Journal - Aron Szabó  (Read 664 times)

ardenchasemoradin

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Lord
A Rough Leather Journal - Aron Szabó
« on: February 08, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »

*The leather bound journal is old and has various water stains across its cover. It is tied together with a rawhide cord. It contains letters as yet unsent and journal entries writin in an even and metered Luktar*

*A folded letter lies just inside the cover of the book*

Dearest Nagymama,

Vallaki is much as I expected. The people look at me with much disdain. I have yet to find work, but I will do my best. I try to remember that you were the daughter of a wealthy weapons merchant in Zeidenberg before the fall of Gundark. The suffering you had to endure to go from wealth to poverty. At the very least, I only know what it is like to be poor, so I will make due. I caught a squirrel for dinner yesterday morning, so I am fed. I know you will worry.

I have not been spat upon yet, and the Morninglord priests have allowed me to sleep in their chapel, so I have been safe during the nights. I will write when I am able. As soon as possible, I will send money to help care for Kata and Andris. Things have been very difficult since Apa and Nanya were taken from us. You will never know how grateful we three are that you took us in and cared for us despite having nothing of your own. I will do right by you and our family.

Love Your Unokŕja,

Aron

ardenchasemoradin

• Dark Lord
Re: A Rough Leather Journal - Aron Szabó
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 11:43:50 PM »
*A hastily written entry in a flowing Luktar*

Barovia is a hard place to be. I am thankful that Nagymama taught me a bit about brewing as I was able to help some people today. Though, I must admit I am a bit frustrated today. The towns people look at me with great scorn. I am allowed a dagger...which perhaps given the things I have heard about the past I understand. I do, however, find it frustrating to watch people come from the Mists allowed to wield swords taller than I am. I do not understand why I am considered to be such a danger. I just want to find work and be a god citize.....*here the line scrawls and the entry ends as if the author fell asleep*

ardenchasemoradin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 01:49:29 PM »
*The penmanship is deft if not practiced. The Luktar script is not hurried*

I have been creating some leather bags. Hopefully, I will be able to sell them. I slept in the barn of a gnome in Vallaki the other night. He did not see to mind, and the straw reminded me of home. I am unsure how people manage here. It seems most of the outlanders throw themselves almost with vulgar excitement at everything Old Noapte can conjur. I have never experiences such reckless abandon. They expel magic and lob weapons around with such a lack of concern.  Yet, I am the one forced to defend myself with a dagger. I cannot understand this...it frustrates me.

ardenchasemoradin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »
*an unsent letter stuffed and bound in the pages of the journal written in Luktar*

Dearest Kata,

I hope you are well and are helping to take care of Andris and Nagymama. Apa and Anya would be so proud of the woman you are surely becoming. I know I was only able to send a few coin last week, but I have not found work here to be profitable. The locals are cold to me, and the Outlanders all seem to know each other.  So, I have, to this point, busied myself with practical pursuits.

There is a Gundarakite woman living a bit of a walk from Vallaki toward Krezk. She and her grandmother allow me to stay with them when my travels take me out into that direction. It is nice to find kind company. Additionally, I have found that the hunting skills that Apa taught me have kept food in my belly and the local Vistani will trade the prepared pelts for fang.

I will be sending you, Andris, and Nagymama coin and clothes very soon. Winter is coming, and I want you all to be prepared and well cared for before the snows come.

Your Nagy Testvér,

Aron