Author Topic: Character with no gold can't purchase 0gp changes from dye dummies (test server)  (Read 1702 times)

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Forgive the title  :mrgreen:

My character has 0 gold, but since these are free, I'd expect them to work. A relatively minor bug since people with 0 gold are not likely to be at a dye dummy in the first place. I shall continue testing on a character who does have some gold.

------ EDIT: I have some feedback related to ease of use.

Since the menu looks like this, one has to scroll to see everything. For some who are very experienced they might be able to zip through the menu fully based on memory, but maybe there's a way to either make the menu larger or just condense the info (less line breaks)? Probably not a big deal.

When using R -> View Item Colors, it doesn't tell me what the dyes are for individual body parts. If I wanted to learn what dyes I'm wearing, I'm not sure how I can do that, because it only tells me what dye I selected for "All" before applying individual parts:

My character looks like this, for reference, so he's definitely not all liver browns and light irons:

This could be solved by me just writing down all of the dyes on my end, of course.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:39:48 PM by SardineTheAncestor »
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Thanks for the feedback; I'll look into the bug report.

I considered showing the individual armor part colors but it'd involve having a very long list of colors since each of the 18 parts has 6 color types (cloth 1, leather 1, etc.) Without an efficient way of tackling this I preferred to just display the overall colors. I'll look into shortening the current menu text.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Yeah, it would be freakishly long, and I have no idea how you'd display that in any readable way right now, so I'll leave that for someone who might have a better idea. In the meantime, heavily fashion-concerned types will be able to do as they always did: write down the looks they like just in case they need to reapply them later.

This is going to be a great change when it goes live. I tried to stress test it quite a bit and found no real bugs, so I'm pretty content with how it works right now, myself.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Actually, even if we found a good way to present it, right now, due to a bug, GetItemAppearance can't retrieve per part colors. Hopefully Beamdog will fix it soon. It creates other minor problems as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:23:14 PM by EO »

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
Actually, even if we found a good way to present it, right now, due to a bug, GetItemAppearance can't retrieve per part colors. Hopefully Beamdog will fix it soon. It creates other minor problems as well.

Once it's fixed perhaps just a grouped list of the colors that were used overall.

Cloth1: White, Black
Cloth2: etc...

I think having the dummies available IG will be great, it's horrible as a low level experimenting with very limited coin.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
I think it's OK that it's expensive once you're ingame, since cosmetics being a money sink is completely fine, and a new character can look like pretty much whatever they want out of the gates for essentially no cost. I think my most elaborate appearance cost 20 or 30 gold. If, later on, characters with tens of thousands of gold easily earned are throwing it away to get a makeover, that isn't really a big deal, in the current context of how the economy works.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Did anyone get a chance to test the dye pots?

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
I hopped back on and got some footage of the dye pots. A bug occurred in which both my helmet and cloak were removed when I used the dye. The dye worked, but this made Vick very sad as you can see

https://files.catbox.moe/mpkbgp.mp4

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
This should now be fixed and per part coloring in. Can anyone confirm?