Author Topic: Unexpected teleporting character issues.  (Read 1327 times)

Barbariosa

• New to the Mists
Unexpected teleporting character issues.
« on: October 12, 2019, 11:51:08 PM »
Username:Barbarosb

Character Name: John Beldragon.

While playing today, first in monastery, low floor boss teleported to near us while we resting, and killed me.

Secondly, in catacombs, when i entered to second floor, my character teleported to further place of the map, ambushed and couldnt survive.

After all, it cost me hours of exp and one level.

I would be happy if its fixed and if i can take back my level.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Re: Unexpected teleporting character issues.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 04:16:34 AM »
Make sure you get screen shots of it!
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Barbariosa

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 08:55:57 AM »
would it make any sense if i take screenshot after teleported  and died ?

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:11:18 PM »
Only to show what you lost.

Shadowplay is generally the better option, as it can capture situations like this despite them being unexpected.

Consider a retroactive recording solution like NVidia Shadowplay or the AMD equivalent so with a single button you can capture the last few minutes of gameplay and improve context in dodgy situations. Record with equivalent resolution to what your game runs in but minimise the bitrate for best results with keeping text readable and file size low. Try to guess which of these was a regular, full quality screenshot, and which is a picture of a low-bitrate recording.

Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 04:31:04 AM »
would it make any sense if i take screenshot after teleported  and died ?

Yeah. If you want to be refunded for glitches like this, you have to proof it. Screen shots are very valuable. you should get into the habit of taking them when ever something is a bit fishy, even if it's overkill. You could drop your weapons and gold when you're bleeding out, and the server crashes, say, and then you have to prove you lost your gold and your weapons. Or a bug could hit that costs you 50k on a carpet or chandelier, and you need the proof to get it returned. DM's aren't able to be on all the time nor do they have logs of when bad things happen to us, and if they just went off our word, everyone would suddenly lose a set of enchanted electrum gilded addamantine full plate to bugs, now wouldn't they?

Even if you're in mid crash, and all you can get is a screen shot fo the area, what you are doing, and what you have around you, it's helpful to prove the loss. LIke say an oxen full of iron ore, or a shop laid out, death by sleeping.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:32:38 AM by Tycat »
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.