You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Of Godstone  (Read 277 times)

Wrathmaim

• New to the Mists
Of Godstone
« on: May 18, 2022, 03:43:25 AM »
"You are now soldiers of this fair realm, Godstone. May you all live long and serve well."

These were the words three dozen children woke up to. All of them no older than eight or nine years old. Far removed from any major city, town or farmstead, they neither had an inkling of where they were, nor recollection of how they got there. The room they woke up to was a war room, banners of the realm and a noble house whose name, now obscure, decorated the walls. At the corners were torches dimly lighting it and at the front was a map of mighty, prosperous Godstone.

Fear and confusion was the mood of the room. The children finally realized they were no longer in the familiar and safe confines of their homes. None of them recognized each other. How could they? They had been taken from different corners of the realm, few and far between.

It did not take long for some of the children to start crying. Some called for their mothers, others simply wanted to go back home and sleep soundly. All their pleas were left unanswered, and the room was left with quiet sobbing. Before the children was a man clad in armor of a ranking member of the Knights of Godstone. His voice, the same voice that woke them.

"Threats constantly loom over our homeland. Many have laid down their lives to protect it, and many more will follow. It is my wish that fewer will lose their lives through our efforts. I tell you this for we have no shortage in our need of strong defenders."

The man broke the monotony of sobbing. He paused to think of the gravity of the crime he is committing, but he believed in his mission. He also believed they were no longer mere children; they were now soldiers.

"You. All of you. Have been taken from your families to be our defenders, from threats within and without."

The sobbing that filled the room stopped. The notion of saving the realm from an ever-present threat appealed to the children. Whispered interest erupted, a spark of determination in their eyes. What child would not dream of being a great savior and defender of the people?

"I am Captain Sargon Zemeckis, of the Knights of Godstone. You will be Godstone's finest. Let us begin."
"I go by Wilhelm."

Time zone: GMT +8