Author Topic: Sanctuary bug  (Read 165 times)

zDark Shadowz

• Undead Master
Sanctuary bug
« on: October 02, 2019, 09:04:28 PM »
Hi there.

I think it used to be in the past if a creature cast Sanctuary that only if the creatures nearby failed the will save that they would disappear from view.

Currently, they disappear from view even if the will save is made, and are only visible via close proximity if the will save is made, and not visible in close proximity if it was failed.

Is it possible to remove the Invisibility spell like properties from Sanctuary so it acts normally again? It makes fighting enemies that cast Sanctuary at low DC's problematic for people that did make their save.
Currently playing Karaz Steel, the Knave with the Glaive.

SardineTheAncestor

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Slayer
Re: Sanctuary bug
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 09:32:08 AM »
I always thought this was normal as it's what I've observed since I began playing. I started post-EE, this January, for reference, and probably saw my first enemy open with Sanctuary around 7 months ago.

I figured if you succeed the save, they become 'invisible' (with no concealment bonus, and undetectable even by true-seeing) and if you fail, they cannot be targeted even if close.

Is that the wrong behaviour? I never reported this because it seemed intuitive to me.
Esmeralda Selorn, rogue druidess from Deadwood
Shannon Linwood, heretic priestess of the Morninglord
Nikolaus Gavrilovic, farmer assassin from Novgorod

TheFury

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Slayer
  • "As you can see, Drew is the server bully."-Deceit
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »
It's relatively recent activity. Previously, if you failed the save, the enemy would vanish and be totally undetectable. If you succeeded, they would be entirely visible with the sanctuary visual effects floating around them.

As it stands now, not only are they invisible until you get close, but you also take a -4 penalty to hit them for them being 'invisible'. I've not tested this yet, but I'm curious if they're affected by the same bug regular invis is as well--namely that being immune or resisting any aggressive spells cast will not cancel Invisibility for the caster.

Currently playing:
Trentor Atiens, Kymil Lornenil
Discord Info: Kaithas#7352

SardineTheAncestor

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:32:31 PM »
They lose it the moment they cast hostile spells. I wasn't sure if they actually had the concealment bonus or not since it's been so long, but when they start spamming Inflict or attacking it goes away.
Esmeralda Selorn, rogue druidess from Deadwood
Shannon Linwood, heretic priestess of the Morninglord
Nikolaus Gavrilovic, farmer assassin from Novgorod