You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Making @lfrp more helpful  (Read 1497 times)

Leezil

• Undead Master
Making @lfrp more helpful
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »
One drawback of the current LFRP system is that it doesn't distinguish between player's intentions and whatever happens to be occurring. The LFRP list looks the same whether you're passing through an area or hunkering down for a month looking to hold a tavern down for RP.

If possible, an option for players to note their intentions could help promote RP gatherings outside of the basic Vallaki hub.

For example, someone who is intending to stay and RP in another town for several days could note this in their lfrp profile. Then people will know it's worth the trip up there to make some RP happen, rather than thinking maybe the person is just passing through.
Sasha Sorokina: Devoted to the Morninglord
Portrait - link

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
Re: Making @lfrp more helpful
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 08:23:18 PM »
One of the things I like about LFRP as someone who uses it a lot is the unpredictable nature of the interaction - kind of like all RP encounters. If I know the result of the interaction well it makes it less interesting.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 10:10:52 PM »
One of the things I like about LFRP as someone who uses it a lot is the unpredictable nature of the interaction - kind of like all RP encounters. If I know the result of the interaction well it makes it less interesting.

Ditto. There's something mysterious about leaving it unclear when you arrive to a point of rp. You never know what might happen

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 11:40:37 PM »
What is a LFRP button on a roleplay server?

I don't understand it.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 12:15:08 AM »
What is a LFRP button on a roleplay server?

I don't understand it.

Although playing on this server is tacit indication of "looking for roleplay," this command was created to make it easier for players to find each other when they weren't already engaged in RP, rather than having to wander around and hope to bump into one another. Before EE, the server had lower player numbers than are typical now, and that lack of density probably helped gain support for implementing the command.

As far as augmenting it, a similar suggestion came up once before, and the Devs didn't seem too enthused. I tend to agree as a query via Tell could provide the same info (if you'd rather not discover the RP spontaneously).

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »
^ If theyre on the list, send a tell. These people are desperate/hopeful for more social interactions, it won't break anyone elses immersion any more than the players have opted in to. If it was P&P you're sitting right beside your fellows IRL looking for roleplay as it is.

Leezil

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 03:27:49 PM »
My thinking is that if people are already choosing to use the existing LFRP system, they may find it handy to communicate more using it. My suggestion is not mutually exclusive with me or anyone else already communicating with folks, though I appreciate all the advice!
Sasha Sorokina: Devoted to the Morninglord
Portrait - link

Mandom

• Undead Master
  • And then, there was silence.
Making @lfrp more helpful
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 04:10:16 PM »
I can't say I've ever used the LFRP Status before, although I can see why other people might find it useful in getting out of their boredom due to lack of roleplay.
~Currently Playing~

Relapse

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »
I can't say I've ever used the LFRP Status before, although I can see why other people might find it useful in getting out of their boredom due to lack of roleplay.

I use it because better RP can be had in other locations then in Vallaki, Mist Camp or factional hubs but it's a big world out there and I don't want to spend an hour randomly wandering to find it.