You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Confusion over the spell Greater Magic Fang and its effects  (Read 1192 times)

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Confusion over the spell Greater Magic Fang and its effects
« on: September 17, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »

On the top bar I'm not using Greater Magic Fang on myself. On the bottom bar, I am.
On the left, I am not wildshaped. On the right, I am.

We were talking about it in potm#advice and I wasn't really sure if this was correct. It seems to be applying a bonus to my base form, but not my wildshape form. Is it just that in my wildshape, the damage reduction from the +2 is what lets me pierce DR? But then, what about my base form?
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

The Ballad

• New to the Mists
Re: Confusion over the spell Greater Magic Fang and its effects
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »
If I had to guess, it's applying it like a glove (or skin) buff, which then does not merge when you wildshape.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:47:03 PM »
By default in nwn it would apply a divine favor like bonus alongside the damage reduction to accommodate for multiple creature weapons, but it was only usable on animals.

If magic fang was intended to be used on self? The spell could/should set an integer on oneself which the wildshape feat checks for and then delaycommand applies the spell at its default which hopefully? would be removed after wildshape ends. That's how I see it working best without errors.

Of course there'd need to be other conditionals set to accommodate for MPCs which are monster claw wielding creatures that may be druid  and want the effects immediately for that form, or subraces that might legitimately have creature weapons.

Claws of the Savage is already available for regular unarmed strikes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:49:16 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Dextan

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 12:56:23 PM »
All right so even if you casts GMF with gloves on, when you shifts it will apply the enhancement bonus to hit and damage, but it won't be inscribed in your character sheet.

A man: ''Gosh what are you eating?''
Dextan: ''My last kill... ?''
A man: ''But its a SPIDER!''
Dextan: ''Your right... should started with the head''