Within the swirling Mist (IC) > Biographies

Ulviirala Rilyn'ae - Su lidos verith

(1/3) > >>

InMyDarkestHours:
Ulviirala Rilyn’ae

InMyDarkestHours:

Prayers of dominion;

--- Quote ---Elliya Lolthu. All powerful and all-ruling goddess, you have sought to test your servant in ways none have ever walked nor predicted. Your will is my will, my efforts dedicated to appeasing you, eternally. My loyalty is without question. My strength will grow under your influence. All my successes are invoked under your name.

You demand for me to rise, to pass your first trial of Mettle, and I so did, each loyal arachnid remained untouched, and I suffered slow to appease you. You test me, to perfect me. Your new trial to push me to the surface alone is unusual, but accepted with my heart. No, this is not exile, for I have never wronged you. There are none like me here on this land and you surround me with our enemies.

Nothing changes. L'elamshin d'lil ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.
--- End quote ---

The reclamation of the path;

--- Quote ---Barovia - Southern Forest cavity
This hole in the rock not far off the road south yields little of value. Observed old rusted doors built into the wall, speaking to me of surfacers using this place as a dump. Signs of banditry or raiders but empty when scouted, what a pity. Pools of still water on one edge of the cavern, not deep. No further entrances marked. A waste of time though a quiet place to rest.
--- End quote ---

Under Her watchful gaze;

--- Quote ---Hissing-elf, Kymil
Sithican male darthiir, makes foul magical noises calling himself 'deathsinger', but may be willing to accept Her venom into his veins. In time. Acts as my property but refuses accept as such. His life is spared for he retains his usefulness for now.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Bow-elf, Oriana
Female darthiir whom seeks my favour and provides equipment. Unclear why. Suspect she desires my complacency so that her knife might slip under my ribs. Cautious with this one, for betrayal will be forthcoming, and she may be better suited as sacrifice once alienated from her other lover elf.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Axe-human, Kerdic
Male rivvil, also a lesser seeking my good graces by supplying provisions. Jala cahallin xal tlu elg'cahlin. Do not believe his lies; another that believes my complacency will afford him an opportunity to slay me, despite his assurances his attack would come from the front.
--- End quote ---

InMyDarkestHours:
Prayers of dominion;

--- Quote ---Mother of Lusts, I crawl under your silken gossamer and pierce through onto the surface by your will, only to be greeted with burning light and the several dozen ignorant rivvil and darthirii that dare insult your dominion. I am undeterred. The day cycle is always caught in the silky cress d'isto, an opportunity in darkness to perform your intent before she is freed once more to partake in the pleasure of hunt and strife.

Zud'dar dosst yathrin harl myar'a anulon. I deliver your silent name with my mace onto necromantic bone and rotting flesh beneath a broken and pitiful temple dedicated to an infirm deity, and though it is regrettable it is not host to your true enemies, I am encouraged to bleed for you, to become stronger, to fortify my house and your church.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Morninglord burial chambers
The crypts and chasms under that wretched and broken church possesses a source unyielding necromancy, no doubt in the dirt and behind the walls. It has proved entertaining for a time, for there rises armoured skeletons to bash and break apart. Knights they call them, that open fresh wounds with potent and cruel rusted blades, and stirs my blood. Yet I now grow bored as these mindless dead become meritless; they will not serve Her nor my will. I have explored all paths below, none surrender the path of return to the Underdark and return with a raid of ilythiiri. It is time to look elsewhere.
--- End quote ---

Under Her watchful gaze;

--- Quote ---Hissing-elf, Kymil
The hissing-elf Kymil male continues to make himself practical, yet believes his life is guaranteed, his freedom taken for granted. My goodwill shall be extended only so far, but for now, it persists. A closer eye is to be kept upon him, for his potency grows and if left uncontested will swell more disagreeable intentions.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Jhalass
A merchant guild, 'Red Vardo', brought to my attention Jhalass, a former kin, her equipment was made available for exchange. As yathrin to Lolth, such weapons and armour belong to Her church and thus should rightfully be mine. Yet upon review, it is no wonder she is dead; her armour and whip are barely magical and worthless. There is no room for sentimentality and weakness. Sooner they are forgotten as she will be.
--- End quote ---

InMyDarkestHours:
Prayers of dominion;

--- Quote ---Flesh Carver, Weaver of Webs, your indelible dominion over all is unquestioned by I, your faithful daughter. You give me the gift of continued life and opportunity in your embrace to execute your will, of which all victories are your doing, all pain and pleasure rightfully yours and whispered to me, even if no words are spoken. The silence and solitary path on this surface a trial of which I will conquer under your icon and proof of your goodwill is heard through the potency of your blessings.

Usstan lodtyn ulnen lu'elg'cahl ussta vlos harl isto anulon. It is the spider's true nature. Patience. Continue to perform the rites and observe the lessers move about their meagre lives. Each single one has a destiny, to be embraced by venom and spun into eventual consumption. Yet the anger in my blood simmers as the insufferable wretches of Corellon remain insolent to the presence I represent as Yathrin. A promise of their screaming, clawing under my fingers, seeped in blood. Though excitable, it threatens the agenda.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Rivvin-town border cave
Another eventless and brief exploration of a tunnel that leads nowhere and yields naught, save traps made by nuisance little gol creatures. Towards the back lifts a intentional formation of rock that barely caught my interest, as to speak of usage from past inhabitants more intelligent than these rodents. No symbolism of Lolth found on the dirt or rock.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Rivvin-town sewer hovels
The stench of this filthy residence home refugees of the human populace above. It is no wonder they cower in his hole, each of them without rank or power of their own. They would serve better as slaves than waste their meaningless lives fighting for scraps of rat-food. Surprisingly enough basic offerings are maintained here - a man promising to keep my coin 'safe', a drink-bar, enterprising goblins in the back rooms. And a dhaerow male of no house, no favour. Pitiful near to the point of comedy. Yet the occasional useful individual strays down here that might yield a fateful opportunity.
--- End quote ---

Under Her watchful gaze;

--- Quote ---Bow-elf, Oriana
The darthiir teases and taunts my patience but eases the persistent boredom. Fortunate for her that she holds no allegiences to prancing fool Corellon. Unclear on what my intentions will ultimately be with this one. But I have a compelling idea.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Peddler-rivvil, Conner
Odd-looking male human that sells mundane and minor trinkets. Possesses some sensitivities to interactions and prone to sulking akin to the hissing-elf. Mildly entertaining upon one evening to observe his assassination, but bothersome to find another fool to sell these foul-smelling herbs to. Some cycles later, again witnessed him lingering in the borders of the rivvin-town Vallaki. I remain curious to the supposed failure of the assassination.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Vardo-merchants, Lieutenant Orsolya, her servants
A resourceful female human applies herself more actively than the rest of her ilk. Undoubtedly, she has some rank as not only as evidenced by her title, but by two males trailing her person and heeding her command. Initial suspicions made that she walks outside her station, but I suspect has further, unseen backing. Lolth teaches caution through experience, to watch for threats from both ahead and behind, above and below. Though this one of course remains a lesser, neutrality is called for.
--- End quote ---

InMyDarkestHours:
Prayers of dominion;

--- Quote ---Du'ased Valsharess d'Orbben, my head is bowed in prayer, my body supplicating, my spirit bewitched, a scion to your majesty. Heed my offering of crimson blood and unwavering strength against your perfect trials and adversity upon this surface world. In my bleak heart I crave the greatest reward that can be earned in this life – your attention. Peer upon the victories I have wrought under your name: A lifeless elf splayed under your image. Rivvin and Darthirii tempted by your beauty. Surfacer lives young and old, weak and strong, all contest you, all silenced forever by your decree.

I recognise that all are weak under your web, including I. Yet the power of your dark blessings no longer forbidden between my fingers, proving that your favour of me grows, as will your presence on this land. House Rilyn’ae takes cautious steps forward and no dissent, no sacrilege, no disobedience shall you suffer. In time, Barovia shall know and fear you.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Rivvin-Lucine-city sewer tunnels
Another muck-filled maze of tunnels beneath a city of humans, filled with aberrant insects, rats, and depraved banditry. A worthy effort to slay these vile bugs, but the rest bore me as does the requirement to once again cleanse the strench of filth off my armour. A market of trinkets and services exist down here as well, but no corridors lead deeper. Another fruitless locale in the pursuit of our great host.
--- End quote ---

Under Her watchful gaze;

--- Quote ---Worg-elf, Th’rar
The darthiir wael has brought upon himself revered scrutiny. Or’Tel’Quessir filth. His addled mind has been forsaken for his brutish strength, for it now grants him the arrogance and confidence to contest my will, HER will. Steps are in motion to resolve this incident.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Axe-orc, dragon-tribe Wrak
A brainless tool, however capable to recognize basic orders and useful to crush the infestation under the city sewer complex. The large monster bleeds freely in equal amounts as his nonsensical eating of his own equipment and grunting about lizards alongside pleading about rituals as if I was his dragon-wench shaman.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Sewer-rivvil, Muriel
A human with clear ambitions and offers services unproven, yet is inexperienced in doing so. I have determined he reveals less than he knows, bothersome indeed, for he is naturally obliged to offer more should my esteem be granted. Given the difficulty of my prior conversation, I remain sceptical.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version