Author Topic: Enemies entering Mist Camp from the mists  (Read 1465 times)

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
Enemies entering Mist Camp from the mists
« on: September 03, 2019, 03:31:23 AM »
Did a run through Perfidus, sometimes when the path is blocked and you exit Perfidus, you are dropped right back at the Mist Camp. No problem there. Well today, the Pit Fiends that block the exit to Perfidus ended up getting shoved into the Mist Camp because of this. Would it be possible to move the spawn of those pit fiends of remove that one group a bit to prevent this? That particular group of pit fiends manage to push themselves out of Perfidus rather often.
"No, you." -Captain America

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Enemies entering Mist Camp from the mists
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 07:19:44 AM »
To be honest, mist mobs attacking the Mist Camp seems kinda appropriate; it's not really meant to be a safe place.  The only issue is the Vistani captain dying, it would make more sense if he were at the far end, closer to the camp proper, so he could likely escape and get away.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:16:42 AM »
To be honest, mist mobs attacking the Mist Camp seems kinda appropriate; it's not really meant to be a safe place.  The only issue is the Vistani captain dying, it would make more sense if he were at the far end, closer to the camp proper, so he could likely escape and get away.

Maybe this, but also maybe there's a talk option on the healer where we can say "Your Captain just got killed by a literal demon from actual hell. Anything you can do?" and a new Captain soon spawns on the camp-side transition of the arrival area, walks over to the wagon, and resumes doing business, with the old corpse disappearing.

I think there's importance to him being there, otherwise I wouldn't suggest this.

I figure NWN has "template NPCs" which can respawn constantly without area reset, so perhaps the Captain could be modified to fit this criteria.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »
The Devs already have designed a fix for this, but it doesn't seem to be working I guess. It's not intended that Perfidus spawns spill over into the MC and kill the Captain. So this is currently a bug.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:56:08 AM by Iridni Ren »

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 11:10:40 AM »

This is my key concern, yeah. All it takes it a fiend to walk in and drop a meteor swarm.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »
Think I finally found the cause and will fix it.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 12:45:24 AM »
Happening again. Caravan master is dead from a pit fiend again.