Author Topic: Herbalism DC issue  (Read 1752 times)

Quartermaster

• Outlander
Herbalism DC issue
« on: August 30, 2019, 10:51:29 AM »
In learning all the new and old herb combinations, I have found a slight issue with the DC on the following combinations.

The grave mold, lich grass, grey puffball, and adders tongue combination has the following DC's

one of these is set to DC22
any two of these is set to DC32
any three of these is also set to DC32
all four is set to DC42.

the other recipe for the all four combo is also set to DC42.  I believe the alternate herb for the same as the three combo is also set to DC32, and I believe the one herb for the two combo is set at DC 28? I will see if that particular herb is still blooming to see what DC it is at.

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
Re: Herbalism DC issue
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 11:17:36 AM »
These DC's are appropriate based on the potions that are created and are the same as other possible potions that, when created, have the the same circle/caster level.

Your final sentence is incorrect. Alternate recipes that create the same potion (identical circle and caster level) will have the same DCs you listed above.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 11:38:47 AM »
I'm not positive that the DCs are always exactly the same because some recipes require multiple herbs, whereas some need only one, for the same result.

Also, MAB alluded to making these DCs vary based on where the herb could be found, I thought, although that might be for the upcoming tweak he has described.

One way or the other, I would go bonkers if I tried to make sure the DCs were all correct :) Remembering which makes what strains my brain enough!

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Quartermaster

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »
While the DC for sweet woodruff might be the same as the 2 combo for remove disease potion, that is a 3rd tier cleric spell. Neutralize poison, the 3 herb combo is a 4th tier clerical spell.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 12:46:40 PM »
Changes are in preparation for herbalism. We are well aware of some discrepancies at this time. The adjustments won't be right away. There is still more points to address and I need the agreement of my fellow Devs first, but I am confident good changes will occur sooner than later.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 12:49:41 PM »
But neutralize poison is a third circle druid spell. And for the most part potions take the lowest circle and caster level with some exceptions obviously. But, there are no exceptions I'm aware of in the family of herbs you're referencing.

Mab did mention that iridni but, I'm pretty sure it isn't implemented at current time. The DCs for recipes that create the same potion are the same.