Author Topic: Crafting Suggestion  (Read 776 times)

NameChange

• New to the Mists
  • Hello i am namechange on discord :D
Crafting Suggestion
« on: August 21, 2019, 04:47:48 AM »
what if we could make with the different types of wood which can be used and plausible as wooden handles for melee weapons? as we only got one wooden handle for weapons so why not several with a minor benefit? like a horn of a devil/demon with a slight boost like perhaps bows/crossbows would or imbue the weapon with corresponding damage type or boost? :o

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Re: Crafting Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 05:18:16 AM »
It is true that the handle is one of the most important parts of the weapon. Right now, damage bonus comes from gilding. There could be gameplay value in giving weapon handles of different types different AC bonuses, say Deflection vs. a particular type of enemy, or maybe some of them give Discipline or Parry just on the merit of them being ergonomic masterwork. Other stats could fit in too, like Influence, with ornate handles selling the wielder's status...

However, there are already a lot of magic weapons which are severely lacking in value compared to crafted ones and this might make the balance even worse. I don't think it's a bad thing that more players will be more frequently wielding weapons made by other players, but there's also something to be said for when you find the perfect weapon while adventuring and you didn't even know it existed, like pulling a sword from a rock. I do think this change would be significant enough to warrant a loot table mixup just so.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.